"Yeah." He pursed his lips together in a straight line, trying not to laugh at her absentmindedness.

As the two were seated by the fire-pit, some of the guys came out on to the deck, "What's good, A?" one guy greeted Amir with a handshake. The man looked over and saw Sabrina, recognizing her immediately, "Hey...Sabrina." He said, awkwardly.

Sabrina looked at the man, realizing it was one of Nicholas' teammates. She kept her cool, as she greeted him, "Hey Dion. How are you?"

"I'm good." He nodded.

"How are Mya and Matty?" She asked, taking the attention off herself.

"They're great, you know. They're enjoying me being home more now that the season's over." He smiled, talking about his wife and son.

"I know they love that. I'll see you guys at Niko's party?"

"Yeah, we'll be there." He confirmed. "You guys have a good night." He dapped Amir before walking away.

Amir looked at Sabrina and laughed, "you're good at that." He remarked.

"At what?"

"Taking the attention off yourself."

Sabrina laughed, feigning innocence. Just as she thought she was in the clear, Vic practically stumbled over, with Daniel and another guy hot on his heel. All three men handshook with Amir then two of them started some small talk.

Vic smiled, staring at Sabrina as if the two of them shared some sort of secret. He took a sip of his beer before he finally spoke, "I missed your pretty self at the poker game last week," he told her, smiling obnoxiously. "I was tryna snatch you and baby daddy's money."

"Here this nigga go. Chillout." Daniel sighed, after sucking his teeth. "How's it goin, Bri,"

"It's goin'," she said, trying to hide her annoyance.

"Man, she know I'm just playin'. Amir, you play poker? You should come next time. You know Nick Rudolph?"

Daniel scolded him, "Victor, gettcho messy ass on somewhere."

"Nah, I'ont know em." Amir shook his head, with slight aggravation, as Sabrina got up and walked away from the group. His tongue rolled on the inside of his cheek, as he asked, "Vic, you good?"

Vic sucked his teeth and quickly replied, "I'm good, cuh. I was just playin." He walked back toward the house. "Nigga can't make no jokes." He shrugged them off.

Wishing she could just disappear, Sabrina stood at the end of the deck looking off at the city below. A pair of strong arms wrapping around her midsection brought her out of the daydream. She already knew who it was from his cologne.

"Whats wrong, my baby?" Amir whispered in her ear, sending tingles down Sabrina's spine.

Taking note of him calling her his baby, she decided not to speak on it as she shrugged, "What did I expect. People see me and they know Nick. It's gonna keep happening."

"Let's go. We don't gotta stay."

Sabrina turned around in his arms to face him, "You don't have to leave because of me. I have work tomorrow so I was gonna be leaving soon, anyway."

"Okay, let's go." He repeated, reaching his large hand out for hers. She smiled, shaking her head, but still placed her hand in his. He guided her through the house, dapping the guys up on his way out, saying his goodbyes all while still holding firmly onto Sabrina's hand. She liked the safe and secure feeling it gave her.

"So I'm your baby now?" she asked, once they walked outside.

He looked at her, smirking. He nodded his head, "So you really going home?" He asked as he walked her to her SUV.

She looked away from him, while chewing on the inside of her bottom lip, anxiously. She hated that she let someone else ruin their night.

"What's your favorite place to go out here?" He asked, trying to take her mind off things.

She thought for a second, "Did you drive here?" She asked before answering his question.

"Yeah." He lifted his Bentley key fob for her to take. "Where we goin?"

"You gonna let me drive?"

He nodded, "I trust you."

The sound of waves crashing relaxed Sabrina as she and Amir sat on the empty lifeguard tower on a nearly empty beach. She'd driven them from Hollywood to Malibu beach in record time thanks to the Bentayga.

"This my first time comin' to the beach out here." Amir admitted after a period of silence.

"Really? I'm glad I could be the one to bring you." she paused watching the waves, "Next time, I'll l take you to the Pier down there," she motioned her head down the coast where they could see the giant ferris wheel. "I like to go there during the week when it's not crowded."

He smiled, "What? I get to see you again."

Sabrina grinned, "I guess so." She playfully nudged her body into his next to her.

"Don't act like you don't like me, guh."

"Boy hush, I ain't even say all that." She said jokingly.

"You gon get enough of callin me boy."

"Or what?" She challenged.

His silence caused her to look over, and catch his gaze. He leaned in slowly before kissing her lips gently. "Damn, you got some soft ass lips," he grinned, as he pulled away.

"So do you," she giggled before turning her body toward him and going for another kiss. This time more sensually, surprising Sabrina how in sync they were.

A few hours later, Amir drove Sabrina back to her car, parked outside of Kirk's home.

"I enjoyed hangin' out wit you Miss Lewis, thank you for comin out," He told her as he stood outside of her vehicle. She was seated in the driver's seat with the window rolled down. His suv sat idling across the street.

"I had fun with you, Mr. Walker." Sabrina smiled.

"Let me know you got home safely,"

She playfully rolled her eyes at him, "Okay Dad."

"Keep bein cute, Imma have you callin me daddy for real."

She laughed hysterically at his Chicago accent when he said daddy. "Okay deddy," she mocked him.

"Make a lil time for me next week."

"Next week. Why so far away?" She asked. She couldn't deny that she liked being around him.

"Im on the road this week." He told her, with a pouty face.

In an instant, Sabrina's mood changed but she quickly masked it with a smile. "I'll see what I can do. I'll talk to you later." She said as she got ready to leave.

Before she could pull off he placed his hand on hers, catching off guard, then planted a quick kiss on the lips, "Make time for me...please." he repeated.

Sabrina smiled, "Goodnight Amir."