Book 3: Chapter #3

The alarm clock sounded off, waking Y/N while Wanda was wearing her ear muffs in bed. Y/N pressed the stop button on the alarm and woke up, looking to his beautiful girlfriend. He stood up and headed down to the kitchen to prepare breakfast in bed for her, when he reached the Kitchen, Y/N looked at the FRIDAY chip.

"FRIDAY, play me some music please." Y/N said as he finished the pancakes for Wanda he left the breakfast on a tray under a metal cover on the bedside table, leaving to go to his work, he was a teacher of History and Science, though mainly history, his application for the sheriffs position in the police was still pending. 

"Of course Boss, playing music from your playlist. Might I also say it's good to see you alive and well again, Boss." FRIDAY said as Y/N smiled.

"Thanks FRI." Y/N said warmly before putting his headphones in and riding his boke off to work.

Y/N was teaching the class some of the key events throughout history, the current spectrum of events being the Cold War. Y/N had the kids writing down a list of dates from the song We Didn't Start the Fire -- By Billy Joel. He then asked them all to research the first five dates and bring back five pages on each of the first five dates and events listed off.

As the class ended Y/N was marking work from his science class, going through their answers on the test he'd set as homework, he was finishing them off when his phone vibrated, Y/N reached into his pocket and looked to see a text from Wanda.

Wanda:
Breakfast was lovely, thanks babe...

Y/N:

You deserve it. I'm finishing up for lunch if you want to meet at the park?

Wanda:
Yeah, I'll get food on the way, do you want anything specific or just whatever I bring?

Y/N:
I could go for some Halloumi fries right about now if you don't mind...

Wanda:
Sure, I'll see you at the park. Love you. xx

Y/N:
I love you too. XX

Y/N put his phone back in his pocket and finished his marking before looking up at the clock. He adjusted his tweed suit and the black rim glasses he had taken to wearing since arriving in Westview, he only wore them to help him read for extended periods of time. Anything over two hours of reading required the glasses. He could read for two hours without them, but anything more and he'd need the glasses. He'd put it down to the snap messing with him.

"Alright, you lot, go on, off to lunch, and remember, I want your research on the first five dates and events on my desk by next Friday." Y/N said calmly as the class gathered their bags. Y/N began sorting the marking into designated files on his desk as he heard the students rush out the door, he focused on his work and expected to hear the sound of the door closing but it didn't come. Y/N put it down to one of the students closing it quietly as to not distract him.

"Teacher huh?" A familiar voice said as Y/N looked up from his desk, he saw Natasha and Steve stood there.

"Mom? Steve? How'd you both get here? You're not dead as well are you?" Y/N said as Nat approached him.

"No kiddo, we're not dead, neither are you or Wanda, or anyone else in this town. Y/N we need to talk. We want to take you and Wanda both home, you're not safe here, Ross and the DODC want to bring you and Wanda in, we're risking time on the RAFT just being here." Nat said as Y/N sighed.

"Look, mom, whatever Ross wants, I can't give him anymore." Y/N said as Natasha looked at him.

"What do you mean?" Steve said as Y/N looked to him.

"I lost all my mutations, my augmentations, everything, they're all gone. I'm not a super-soldier anymore, I'm normal again, and I just want to retire peacefully with Wanda and live my life, I can stay here, Ross will leave and you can visit whenever you want, I can finally just be normal." Y/N said as Natasha looked at Y/N, he was genuinely happy here. "I've got lunch with Wanda at the Park, you can join if you want but I've got to go. It was great seeing you both, really. Love you mom. Steve."

As Y/N left, Natasha turned to Steve.

"You think he was telling the truth about losing his powers?" Steve said as Natasha nodded.

"I could tell. He was different. We should keep stay here for a while, keep an eye on them, and try and figure out what the fuck is going on with the borders around the town." Natasha said as Steve looked at her. "You're not getting a dollar in the jar. I'm using my daily word pass."

"Sure." Steve said as they left. Following Y/N to his lunch meeting with Wanda...