Chapter 11

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Lovelies,

Sorry, Had to take a short break for personal work.

Now back with an update. A light hearted one. Hope you all will enjoy it

Love

RK Tejaswi

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hridhay

Friends??

Her words keep reverberating in my ears. I never expected Darshana could forward her hand for friendship. She clearly said that she is not pitying me but I couldn't understand what drastically changed in her to have a soft corner for me.

In Fact, the previous night, before the press conference, I scolded and mishandled her. And, when she tried to stop me from drinking too much, I taunted her and sent her away. But recalling what she and Ashok said, she took care of me with others' help and also fed me food.

Yesterday morning, until I teased her back to spill the truth, she tried her luck in teasing me and she was pissed with my teasing. She vented out on me before running into the burning gallery and when she came back to consciousness we were having a heated conversation. Yeah, with the effect of anaesthesia, I spilled a little truth of how I felt when I saw her among the fire but she is not someone to go soft for it.

She was literally broken when my professor, her father asked her to promise that she won't go to the gallery or meet Veda. I didn't expect her to promise and I couldn't celebrate that she won't go to meet him as she was forced to do it. Being a person who has always been forced to do what my father wanted, I couldn't let my professor do the same to his daughter.

At least he didn't hit her like my father did.

After our lunch when we were left alone to take a rest, I was expecting her to taunt me. I thought she would take me wrong like she always did and vent out on me thinking that I'm happy for her promise. But I was stunned when she asked me about my dad forcing me.

I couldn't stop myself from answering her but never in my best dreams I didn't think Darshana would come to wipe my tears. I didn't know whether it was the effect of recollecting my worst memories with my father or sharing it with her, a drop of tear rushed out of me. It's been a long time since I have cried. I learned not to shed tears as I used to get additional beatings if my father sees any tears in my eyes.

I didn't cry afterwards. I didn't cry when my mother chose him, leaving me to suffer with my father. I didn't cry when I heard about her dimesal too. But in the safety of the low lightning of the hospital ward and the curtain that separated Darshana and me, the tear escaped. The minute her palms cupped my cheeks and her thumb wiped my tears, I felt a soothing that healed all my pains. I wanted to sit up and hug her, to let out all my pent up pain.

I wanted her to touch me, talk normally with me, smile with me and do a lot of things with me but I didn't want it out of pity. She confirmed it's not before forwarding her hand for friendship and I took it. But she went back to her bed immediately and my confusion started then.

Vantha, friends ah irukalam nu sonna aana odane poita.

I waited for her to say something but she stayed silent. When the doctor checked us and passed us to get discharged, she left to get changed in the bathroom. Since Darshana went to change, I thought of changing too.

Ashok had brought me a pair of track pants and t-shirt. I changed my pants successfully by sitting and standing when it was necessary. I entered my hands into sleeves but I couldn't flex my shoulder muscles or neck to enter my head into the t-shirt without groaning out in pain.