Chapter 40 - Here for you

Start from the beginning

"It's okay, Isabel. If you want, I can introduce you to some of my client that would be happy for you to work with them." Camilla suggested. She stood up from the chair by the dresser with the bowl of strawberries in her hand and walked over to where Isabel is seated on the bed. Camilla worked at a law firm as an attorney. Her work life is always private. She never mentioned anything about it. She told me once about her profession a few weeks after Blade proposed to me.

"You don't have to do that. I can do it on my own." Isabel whispered in a small voice as Camilla plopped down on the spot next to her. She draped an arm over Isabel's shoulders and pecked her cheek.

I spared a glance at Azzurra who was awfully quiet lately. She didn't seem to be paying any attention to our conversation. Her eyes had that distant look. Something else was on her mind and whatever it was casted a gloomy expression over her face.

"Don't be dramatic. It's always good to ask for help, Isabel. And as one of your best friends, I won't take no for an answer." Camilla said with a serious expression.

"You don't have to –"

"Too late. I'm calling Charlene." Camilla cut her off and dialed a number on her phone. Isabel sighed in defeat. Even though she wanted to do things on her own, she looked a lot happy for Camilla to offer to help.

Leaving them to their discussion, I signaled for Azzurra to follow me as I made my way out of Isabel's room and over to mine.

"What's up?" Azzurra asked, lingering by the doorway as I walked over to Blade's part of the walk-in closet to pick out a comfortable outfit to wear. The blue long dress I had on was tight. My little babies didn't like being restrained. They kicked to the extent that I went to the bathroom several times to empty my bladder.

I glanced at her over my shoulder and rolled my eyes at her awkwardness. I could see that she felt out of place being in a married couple's bedroom. One could imagine the sinful act that had been performed on the Queen-sized bed in the middle of the room. My cheeks heated up at the thought.

"I wouldn't mind if you enter, Azzurra. You're welcome anytime. Just make sure you knock first." I told her with a wink and she blushed, taking a few steps into my bedroom. Finally deciding on Blade's black sweatpants and his favorite hoodie, I took off my dress right in front of Azzurra and put on the outfit with less effort.

"So, what's wrong, babe?" I asked. I dipped my hands into the pocket of his hoodie and inhaled his addicting scent. Damn! I miss him. Blade was out with Franco and Nico on business, somewhere in New York.

"What do you mean?" She nibbled on her lip and hesitantly sat on the bed.

"Don't play dumb with me, babe. I know something's wrong. Talk to me," I whispered, sitting next to her on the bed. A huge lump formed in my throat when she looked up to stare at me with glossy eyes.

"Franco treated me like trash when I confessed my feelings to him earlier. He said so many hurtful things to me that broke my heart." She whimpered. Swallowing the thickness in my throat, I pulled her into a hug and threaded my fingers through her hair.

Franco was a big time asshole for hurting Azzurra. Rachel might be a bad influence on him but he was aware of the bad decisions he made.

"He's a douche bag for doing that to you. Honestly, you deserve better than him."

She sniffles and pulled away to wipe her tears away, "I can't let him go. I love him so much, Sienna. I'm willing to wait for the time he finally chooses me. I just have to bear the pain of seeing him with someone else."

I didn't even know what to say anymore. You don't give up on the person you love. That just shows how strong your feelings are. I deeply understand her situation. I would never give up on Blade either.