2

"Isobel, can you help me with this?" Peter asked me as I came into the kitchen. "I'm having trouble with Layla and Niko's First Full Moon cake."

We had started a new tradition to where at the kids' first full moon where they shift into werewolves for the first time, we would bake them a Happy First Full Moon cake as a celebration of what they went through.

"Making it from scratch, I see." I commented when I saw no recipe book out on the counter.

"Yeah. Can you help?" Peter asked, turning around.

I stifled a laugh when I saw his face and shirt covered in flour, walking towards him and brushing the flour off, kissing his lips. "I know better than to leave you in the kitchen alone."

He chuckled softly. "Yeah. I'm not the best cook. Can you salvage it?"

I looked at the mess in the kitchen. "I'll see what I can do."

He smiled and kissed me, brushing my hair from my blue-green eyes. "Thank you, angel."

   "You're welcome," I smiled and heard footsteps running quickly. "Ooh. Kids incoming."

    Peter turned around and scooped Niko up in his arms, swinging him around and laughing as our son giggled happily.

    "Higher, Daddy! Higher!" Niko laughed.

    Peter set Niko down and kissed his hair, ruffling his dark hair. "Let's give Mommy some alone time, okay, kiddos?"

    "Okay! Can we go to Uncle Scott's?" Niko asked.

    "Yeah! I like Uncle Scott and Nana!" Layla chimed in.

    "That sounds like a great idea, kids. How about you hang out there for a few hours? I need to make your cake for your first full moon." I suggested to them with a smile.

    "Yay!" the kids jumped around and clapped, grabbing onto their father's hands and pulling him out of the kitchen.

    I smiled and turned back to the messy kitchen, seeing the flour sprayed everywhere on the counters.

    "Cora?" I asked.

    "Yeah?" Cora appeared in the doorway seconds later.

    "Could you help with making the kids' full moon cake?"

    "Sure. I'll start with cleaning the kitchen while you start on the new ingredients." she said and grabbed a damp rag as I rinsed the bowel out to start all over.

    "So, what are we gonna do about the full moon tonight?" Cora asked as she finished cleaning up and started with the wet ingredients.

    "If they're Born Alphas like I was, that's great. But if they're Omegas," I sighed and looked at her. "then we need to protect them."

    "I agree."

    Derek walked in and sat at the table with a sigh, dragging his hands over his face in exhaustion.

   "Tired?" Cora asked her brother.

    "A little," he said with a yawn. "how's the cake making?"

    "Good. Peter took the kids out to Melissa's and Scott's for a few hours, so we should be good." I said.

    "Good. You need help?" Derek asked.

    "I think we're good, Derek." I smiled and poured the cake batter into a pan.

    "Now we just need to wait." Cora said once I put the cake in the oven and set the timer.