32. Bad timing

I stood in the gym with the boys. I yawned again, causing Daichi to look worried over to me "yn? Are you feeling alright?" "Yes I just didn't sleep well" I waved him off. "Okay..." He hummed and ran back on court, we agreed to make a training match against Fukurōdani. I smiled and waved hello to Bokuto as they walked inside with a loud entrance. "LETS GOOO" I giggled at Bokutos enthusiasm, today will be the first time I'll see them play. I yawned again and went to refill the water bottles, I walked through the hallway and sighed to myself. I didn't sleep well, my head was consistently spinning because of last night's events with Kenma. I know that Kuroo said something about watching us today, but I doubt Kenma will show up. I huffed at the heavy weight of all the bottles and stumbled back into the gym, Kiyoko already gave them their training trikots. I quickly placed the bottles at the benches and sat next to her "are they warmed up?" "Yes. We can start now" Kiyoko smiled. I sat down and was ready to count points with Kiyoko.

Unfortunately I was a little unfocused, Kiyoko had to remind me sometimes to change the points. I didn't even fully focus on the game, that's why I was so surprised when it was already over. The boys were out of breath and I smiled softly at them "you did great. Eat and rest enough, we will train a little later on" I explained. "Thanks Yn!" Asahi took the bottle I handed him and I didn't miss Kuroo staring intensely at me from around the corner. I groaned and walked over to him "what?" I asked with a long sigh.

"What happened? Kenma is absolutely on the edge!" I scoffed "Why don't you ask him? What do I know? He won't talk to me Kuroo! Heck when I asked him and told him I care about him  he basically broke up with me!" I snapped. I sighed at Kuroos shocked expression "sorry I didn't mean to sound so harsh. He told me I'm not his girlfriend and left. I have no idea what I did wrong or what's wrong...please Kuroo just let me be" I continued a little calmer. "Sorry...how was the match?" He pointed to the gym "I...I guess okay." I shrugged and he visibly thought.

"Listen...you're my friend too yn. If I can help you anyhow..." "I'll let you know. But for now I want to sulk a little in peace" I scoffed amused "I...I really dont know what to do Kuroo. I told him I love him and I am scared I scarred him off completely now.". He gently hugged me and I felt how a fresh set of tears built up inside of me. "Don't cry yn...its gonna be fine" I nodded at his soothing words "I know.". He ruffled my hair and pointed behind him "I'll be back at training now, will Karasuno play against us?" "Today? I think I can organise that. I'll text you" he nodded happily and jogged back to where he came from. I hummed and went back to Kiyoko "Kiyoko?" "Yes yn?" "Do you think we can arrange a last minute match against Nekoma? They asked for one." She hummed and looked at her clip board "well of course, if the boys feel fit enough-" "we will do it!" Hinata yelled from afar. "IDIOT! THATS NOT FOR YOU TO DECIDE " Kageyama hit the shorter male. Daichi pulled them apart and groaned "behave!!". I laughed at their childish fighting and texted Kuroo quickly that we will play against them in about 2 hours.

In the meantime I had a break, so I wandered around the camp and explored it a little more. I used that opportunity to clear my mind and walk around the big bright blue lake. I saw a boardwalk and decided to sit on the edge of it, enjoying the view.

I know Kenma, he os just overwhelmed right now and probably overstimulated.  I shouldn't have pushed him so much, the last thing I want is him to feel uncomfortable. I watched some ducks on the lake and nodded to myself, I had to apologise. Me and Kenma are a team and we both knew how much we mean to each other. If he needs his space I have to give it to him, I value him after all. I got up and ran towards Nekomas cabins. According Nekomas trainingsplan they have a break too right now, probably preparing for the match later.

I whipped my head to my left as I heard voices and walked towards them, or better said that one voice I heard. As I walked around the corner of one of the cabins I froze.