17. Stormy night

I checked my phone for the tenth time the past 20 minutes, no text from them.

I also tried calling them both, but no one picked up.

I sighed and tapped Oikawas shoulder carefully, he turned from the game towards me with a soft smile "yes?" "Hey Oikawa uhm..." I fiddled with my fingers nervously "I am really worried about my friends. I think I'm gonna go check on them, is that fine with you?" His Browser furrowed for a short moment but he nodded with a soft smile afterwards "sure. But it's raining, let me bring you" I shook my head with a smile "no, I'd prefer to go alone. Also I've packed an umbrella I'm good."

"Alright then, if you need something-" "I'll hit you up, thanks for the...nice afternoon" I smiled and bowed politely to him before running out of the building toward Kenma and Kuroos house.

I arrived out of breath and hesitantly rang Kenmas doorbell, drenched in water. I waited patiently and then a tall woman opened the door, with beautiful cat eyes and a soft expression "Hello! My name is YN Y/LN. I am a friend of Kenma...is he home?" She smiled and nodded "yes he is, but he isn't feeling so well right now" "I know that's why I am here." I explained and saw Kuroo walking towards us from inside the house "yn?" "Hey...you didn't answer me and I got worried..." kuroo turned to Kenmas mom and nodded "she can join us, she's close to Kenma" "Alright then! Make yourselves home" she smiled sweetly before returning back inside. I looked at Kuroo with a angry expression "You said you'll keep me updated! God damnit I am worried sick about him!" Kuroo just nodded and pulled me inside "damn...did you run here in the rain" "of course.." I mumbled as I took off my shoes. "...come on" I followed Kuroo up tje stairs to a room and my eyes widened when I saw Kenma playing video games on his bed. "Kenma?" I asked carefully as I stepped in, he didn't even look at me. I frowned and looked at Kuroo.

He closed the door and sighed loudly "Okay now come on. She even came here to check on you. It's not her fault!" I shook my head "it is. Kuroo it was my fault, Oikawa was only so angry at Kenma because of me...but he won't harass you guys anymore" I sighed and sat down on his chair. Kuroo frowned "what do you mean? What did you do?" "I talked to him. His condition was that I go out with him one time on a honest Basis, then he'd leave you alone" I sighed. And now I also got Kenmas attention "but you won't go, right?" He frowned "I already went. Im coming from it right now." I opened the braid of my wet hair and huffed loudly. "YOU WHAT?" Kuroo sounded angry. "Hey it's not like I wanted that! But he said he'd leave you alone! What if he'd keep harasing Kenma like that? Hell I didn't even know if Kenma was fine or not! In my worst scenarios he broke his arm and can't play volleyball anymore! I won't let that idiot ruin his life!" I angrily explained Kuroo who walked up and down furiously. "You sold yourself out?". My eyes widened and I looked over to the staring blonde "Excuse me?" I scoffed. "I don't need you to protect me. I am fine" I stood up and walked over to his bed "That has nothing to do with your pride or independence Kenma! You didn't even answer my texts. Why do you ignore me? Why are you so angry at me?".

"I'm.. not angry at you" he mumbled and looked back on his screen. "Then what is it..?" I sighed "you wouldn't understand." I nodded "fine...can you at least tell me what's with your arm?" "The doctor said it's not broken but he shouldn't do any sports the next weeks until the bruising is getting better" I sighed "will that affect the training a lot? Don't you have games?" I asked Kuroo but he waved it off "he will miss our training at worst, it's gonna be fine." I nodded and flinched in surprise at the thunder outside.

"Well...holidays start tomorrow, Yn do you wanna stay over?" Kuroo asked while staring at the horrible weather outside. "Ah its fine" "no it's not. You walked here by your own and you won't walk all the way home at this weather." I hummed in defeat "I can call my brother to pick me up". But Kuroo insisted that I stayed over for another Pyjama Psrty. I looked at Kenma "is that fine with you? I really can call my brothers if they could pick me up, but that'd take another hour or so." He shook his head "no...stay over." I smiled a little and nodded.

"But you can't stay in these wet clothes...here" Kuroo hummed and opened Kenmas wardrobe "HEY" The blonde protested. Kuroo took out an oversized Hoodie of Kenmas and sweatpants, handing them me "you can change in the bathroom. It's the first door on the left." I nodded and quickly went to change.

"These are my clothes!" I heard Kenma protest "just wait..." Kuroo answered, I smiled slightly and locked the bathroom door, getting changed.

I really hope after this Pyjama Party we will be on good terms again, I can't stand Kenma being angry or distant to me. It even hurt physically when he avoids me like earlier.