16. it's one date

I balled my fists and sprinted towards the parking lot. Luckily I was right and their bus didn't drive off yet. "OIKAWA!" I yelled out, causing his head to whip towards me. I stopped infront of him and catched my breath while resting my hands on my knees. "Yn? How can I help you?" He grinned. "Leave Kenma and Nekoma alone! We both know you locked him up and that you made him trip on purpose! Let them be!" I glared up to him. He hummed and crossed his arms "fine, under one condition" "which is?" "Go on a date with me." I laughed out bitterly and nodded "if that's what it takes for you to leave them alone? Fine." He wore a triumphant smile "but" he started "you have to give me a serious chance" "Excuse me?!" He snickered "if we go out, I want you to go into it open minded. I want you to let down your guard like it's a real date, give me a serious chance without any Prejudice".

I frowned and stared at the ground, should I? It's one date, I just have to pretend and after that he will leave us alone, it doesn't mean I have to give him a real chance. I sighed and looked up at him "fine. Where and when?".

He seemed a little surprised and hummed, thinking visibly. "How about we meet up at the Arcade later? 2 hours?" I nodded "fine. See you there" he smiled "oh but yn?" "What?" "Dress up for me too~" i gritted my teeth and nodded "sure" I managed to speak out through gritted teeth.

With that I turned around to go home. I had two hours, perfectly enough time.

I went home and changed into a decent outfit "just this one date, after that I'll be fine" I tried encouraging myself. I braided my hair into a loose one with a small bow and added some perfume.

I looked into the mirror and nodded and myself, if I'd go out with Kenma I'd have put more effort into it, but it's Oikawa. He's gotta take what he gets.

I made my way to the Arcade an hour later and to my surprise he already waited there for me, changed as well

I made my way to the Arcade an hour later and to my surprise he already waited there for me, changed as well. I took a deep breath, I play this act and go home after. Maybe I can ignore him?

"You're looking absolutely lovely, like usual" he greeted me, I gave him a small nod and accompanied him walking inside. "So what you wanna do?" He asked with a soft smile, weird. But it won't take long until he gets cocky and arrogant again, he can't possibly act this sweet the whole date. I hummed and looked around "I don't know to be honest..." He pat my head gently and laughed "fine, then I'll choose. Let's try the claw Mashine" I nodded and followed him. He was actually good at it! I watched him in awe how he won one plushy after another "woah Oikawa! Where did you learn that??" I turned to him in amazement. He chuckled and shrugged "I don't know, it was my first time trying these" I scoffed and rolled my eyes "liar" but he insisted that he never tried a claw mashine before. I looked at all the small plushees he won and giggled lightly "so what now with these?" "Keep em" he grinned widely. I frowned "all?" He nodded and handed me the soft prices "I won them for you after all" I hated myself for blushing.

I nodded "oh...thank you?" I hid my face behind the cute plushees and he smiled "but let's put them in one of the lockers for now, I don't want them to hamper you." I nodded and watched him taking them again and walking towards one of the saves.

I waited and looked around, maybe playing this act will be easier when he isn't a total idiot.

My gaze shifted to the unused dance mashine and I hummed "wanna play?". I jumped slightly when Oikawa was back and followed my gaze "oh don't worry I just-" "no let's play, it looks fun."
He smiled with a wide and toothy grin, cute...

I let him drag me towards the mashine and chose a song "well then, show me what you got." He grinned down to me and I scoffed playfully "bet." And with that we started playing. It was obvious that it was easier for me to step on the right square in time, but he wasn't so bad as I thought.

I couldn't hold back a laugh when the pace fastened and Oikawa almost tripped

I couldn't hold back a laugh when the pace fastened and Oikawa almost tripped. "Don't laugh at me!" He whined and I shrugged "then don't look so stupid." I teased. He laughed and jumped off the mashine "let's eat something, that game made me starve!" I nodded and jumped off as well, walking happily beside him.

"Take a seat, I'll grab us some" "Alright" just when I wanted to give him money he shoved my hand away "it's on me" he smiled sweetly. I frowned but nodded, sitting down at one of the tables. I took out my phone, no new messages from Kenma or Kuroo...I hoped Kenma was okay.

"You alright? You're frowing a lot" I looked up to Oikawa sitting across from me, shoving a coke and few snacks towards me. "I am worried about Kenma, he seemed hurt earlier" I sighed and took one of the fries he set down between us. "Oh..I'm sorry " he sighed. I raised a eyebrow "are you now?" He nodded "I.. I snapped. My behaviour wasn't okay and I know that, I hope he isn't injured as well." I nodded slowly, still a little suspicious.

"But to be honest, can you blame me?" I frowned and looked back up to him. "He treats you horrible" "he doesn't!" "Oh really? He humiliated you, didn't he? He had so many chances on making a move, but doesn't. But instead of making it clear that he is a coward who has no romantic interest in you he keeps you around. As if he's holding you warm in case one day he does." I listened to his rant, he had a point.

"You're such a funny, beautiful and talented girl, and if he doesn't see that he should stop pretending he does." I smiled a little and nodded.

"You like him a lot, huh?" I nodded. "He..has something about him. He plays volleyball, he is smart and good at games, he is sweet and ...and showed interest in me" I sighed while leaning back, taking a sip of my coke. "I don't know...he is absolutely my type and I like him but whenever I tell myself we're just friends he gives me these signs and his attention, making me all...bubbly". Oikawa sat there and listened patiently, nodding a little "well...I play volleyball too, I am not that stupid, I am decent at games like you saw and I for sure got a sweet side if I like someone. Plus I am not really ugly, right?" He had a point. All that held me back from Oikawa was Kenma and the way he treated the other boys.

"I'm not trying to manipulate you or get into your thoughts, I'm simply trying to make a point yn...Kenma might seem like the perfect match for you now, but is he? If you'd open your eyes and gave others a chance too, would he still be your number one?" I sighed and took another fry, shrugging. I didn't know.

I had no answer to that question, maybe I was scared of loosing interest in Kenma if I didn't avoid others. Would I loose interest? After all he pushed me away and rejected me often enough.

"Maybe you're right" I sighed, gaining his attention again "maybe I should just follow his wish and stay friends with him." Oikawa nodded with a sad smile and took my hand carefully, making me look up. "You can't force that yn. Take your time and give your heart enough time." I smiled and nodded "thanks Oikawa...you're not as bas as I thought" I grinned and took another fry.

"But for real, leave them alone from now on. You're making their life living hell" he sighed and nodded "I will." "And I want you to apologise to Kenma" he nodded "I will, I promise."