𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

꒰  𝗌𝗄𝗂𝗇𝗇𝗒 𝖽𝗂𝗉𝗉𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗀𝖺𝗍𝗈𝗋𝗌 ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:·゚

"Shit."

Bianca blinked at the thirteen missed call notifications on her phone screen. Vaguely, through the window of the Carrera's truck, she could tell they were drawing closer to where the Twinkie was still submerged. Kiara honked, informing the others of their arrival but Bianca's mind was too preoccupied with the passive-aggressive text messages from her mother—

'bianca
just got a call from mariam down at the island club
she's asking when i'm going to return a boat
you wouldn't happen to know anything about this would you?
answer your phone.
bianca.
hello ??? what is mariam talking about ??
bianca did u steal a boat ???
whose boat did u take ???
bianca ???
you are so dead when you get home
get back here right now.'

Bianca ran a hand through her hair tiredly as her sneakers met the muddy soil of the swamp. She stared at her phone and barely registered Kiara and JJ rounding the truck to greet the Pogues who sat atop the Twinkie.

"Oh, and speak of the frickin' devil- look who it is- the three tortoises, just a couple hours late," Pope threw his arms up in exasperation. "Where the hell were you guys?!"

"Paternal complications," Kiara stuttered, pointing towards JJ who was reaching into the back of the truck.

"Luke was at the Chateau," The blond informed stiffly, grabbing his bag equip with the winch.

"Oh, great!" Pope's sharp voice cut through the air. "Well, while you guys were taking your sweet ass time, John B got bit by a gator!"

At this, Bianca finally tore her gaze away from her phone for it to land on the soaked denim material of John B's tattered jeans. There was a large rip through the pant leg where she could make out a bloody gash across his skin.

JJ's backpack fell from his shoulder, "Like, for real?"

"Yes, for real!" Pope raised his voice.

"Does it look like we're joking?" Sarah deadpanned, pointing towards John B's dripping leg.

"What the hell happened?!" Bianca's eyes widened.

"What happened? I got bit by a gator!" John B finally snapped at the same time Pope shouted, 'He got bit by a gator!'

"I don't know why we're being yelled at because we put our asses on the line!" Kiara flailed her arms toward the truck she stole from her father. Not to mention, Bianca having to steal a boat from the Island Club that wasn't going to be returned any time soon, unlike the car.

It was as if her words had broken a dam of frustration between the Pogues and the three that had been stuck in the swamp began protesting. Each of their voices overlapped, shouting over top of one another.