𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

꒰    𝗃𝗈𝗁𝗇 𝖻 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖼𝗈𝖼𝗄𝗋𝗈𝖺𝖼𝗁   ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:·゚

Depending on who you ask, there are typically five stages of grief

Depending on who you ask, there are typically five stages of grief. There's denial–– the initial oh-my-god-this-can't-be-happening paralysing shock that occurred after the event. Bianca could pinpoint this very moment, though exactly what happened that night was all a bit hazy, it was when Shoupe entered the tents to inform them that Sarah and John B hadn't made it.

The next was anger–– anger at the world, at the people around you, at yourself. Some may argue, Bianca was still going through that phase, though she'd deny it. On the other hand, she would tell you that she had enough time to wallow her sorrows away at rehab. No, this was the last and final stage–– acceptance.

Bianca always prided herself on being a realist, on seeing the things other people refused to see even when it was stood right in front of them. For this was her new normal–– the gaping, dark void that threatened to drown her into an abyss of her own tears. Her new normal was going over every scenario multiple times in her head at the brink of dawn and always coming to the same conclusion. Her new normal was that her best friend was never coming back and yes, Bianca may not have been able to save Sarah from her wretched fate, but she'd sure as hell make sure that she got justice, even if it was the last thing she'd do.

The walk into school was harder than Bianca thought it would be. Furrowed gazes and widened stares followed as she passed through the hallways alone. She adjusted her uniform constantly, a royal blue checkered skirt that pooled around her thighs along with her tucked-in white long sleeve. A matching solid tie emblazoned with the Kildare Preparatory crest hung loosely around her neck and while she refused to wear the hideous blazer, none of the teachers dared to correct her.

It felt like a part of Bianca was missing, not having Sarah by her side. Her shoulder was left cold with no one to complain about how she couldn't walk in a straight line. The spotlight was both a blinding glare and a benevolent glow and the girl was starting to feel the heat of it all.

But she kept her chin up all the while, gaze directed straight ahead with her most convincing facade yet. She couldn't let the money-hungry, gossip mongrels even get a whiff of the nervousness radiating off her or else the fear that had kept them in check would dissipate and they would no longer be afraid to strike back.

Everyone already knew Bianca was mourning Sarah Cameron's loss–– it was common knowledge that the two Kook princesses of the Outer Banks were inseparable. And now, with Bianca reigning alone, her crown weighing heavy on her head, every Kook on the island awaited to see what she'd do, how she'd react, but most importantly they wanted to know where she disappeared to in the aftermath of the storm.

Bianca made her way over to her locker, opening it just as Topper caught her attention from the corner of her eye, "Yo, Kelce, I'll catch you later," He did a boyish handshake with his friend before jogging towards the girl. He donned his own uniform, a short-sleeved button up with navy knee length shorts, adjusting his backpack strap on his shoulder, "Hey, B."