𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲

꒰ 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖺𝗋𝗍 𝗈𝖿 𝗌𝗍𝖾𝖺𝗅𝗂𝗇𝗀 ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:·゚

JJ didn't believe in any of that fairytale bullshit

JJ didn't believe in any of that fairytale bullshit. He convinced himself that there was no hope for him— that he was condemned to suffer a fruitless life the moment he was born into this world as a Maybank. But maybe there were such things as good endings and happily ever afters, even for him because Bianca Prescott made him think otherwise. And that was a dangerous thought.

JJ had never let his expectations get too high, afraid that they might crash and burn with him. She had raised the bar so impossibly high and it terrified him. It terrified him because he knew he would ruin her like he ruined everything. It was inevitable.

It was selfish of him to hold her back, he knew that. But he couldn't help himself. Bianca had given him his first taste of what it meant to be alive. To care about someone more than one cared about themselves. He needed to hold onto that feeling for a little bit longer so if it meant that he had to be selfish, then so be it.

JJ couldn't bring herself to tear his gaze away from the girl in his arms. His fingers brushed lightly against her ribs, tracing lightly the soft skin. His arm wound tightly around her with his mind still reeling from the events of last night.

That was, quite frankly, the best sex JJ Maybank had ever experienced in his seventeen years of life. If someone were to interview him on his deathbed, he was fairly certain he'd think back to this day and wipe away a single stray teardrop.

JJ couldn't remember the last time he'd been so turned on. He needed to invent a new phrase to replace 'turn on' because that was an entirely different level. He felt overpowered, almost, and it was something he wasn't very familiar with.

Unfortunately for JJ, that moment didn't last long because by the time the sun rose over the horizon and John B's chickens began clucking, the sound of the Pogues' raucous panic from outside his bedroom door made him groan. Typically, their arrival would have him perking up with whatever exciting adventure they planned for the day. But at that moment, the sound of John B's voice made him kind of wish he drowned in the storm that day.

Bianca's eyes fluttered open at the mild disturbance, allowing the warmth of the blanket covering them to lull her into a false sense of serenity. Her raven hair splayed like a halo over his pillow and JJ shifted to brush some of her ebony strands from her face.

"You look good like this," A smug smirk spread across JJ's reddened lips. "All pretty and fucked out for me."

"Shut up. I hate you," Defiance flashed across her eyes, voice barely above a whisper.

JJ let out a low chuckle and the girl's heart skipped a beat at the sound, "I hate you too, princess," He whispered, pulling the comforter further over their two bodies. Their legs tangled together in an attempt to be even closer and Bianca's eyes shut when the boy began placing chaste kisses against her face— her lips, the apples of her cheeks, the tip of her nose.