~ Chapter 7 ~

Chapter 7:

     My head ached from all the questions running around inside it. Was it just me or did they actually turn into wolfs? How? And who was that Beau guy? Why was he saying I was Brandon’s mate? Just- What’s going on? I sighed, leaning my head against the cool glass of the window. What’s happening? I heard a sigh next to me, shocking me for a second. But I soon realized it was Logan. I totally forgot about him sitting right beside me, driving me to God knows where… I turned and looked at him. He kept glancing at me worry clear in his eyes.

     “Logan…” I started, my voice cracking at the end. I hadn’t realised I was crying. I looking into the side mirror and saw my eyes were puffy and red while my cheeks were tear stained. I reached up and wiped the remaining watermarks from my face and turned back to Logan. I must look like crap.

     “What’s going on Logan?” I asked, my voice barley a whisper. I turned to him noticing he has stopped the car and was looking straight at me.

     “I’m sorry but it’s not my place to tell…” he answered, looking straight ahead, his hands gripping the wheel so tight that his knuckles started to turn white.

     “Please tell me something…” I said gently, looking at him with pleading eyes.

     He looked at me for a second, and then moved his gaze back to the road in front of him. He breathed in deeply, letting his muscles relax. “I’m not allowed to tell you Ashley…” he whispered looking over at me, “But there are people who will tell you, you just have to be patient.” He finished, turning back to looking through the front window. His hands reached up and grabbed the steering wheel.

     “I never wanted to keep anything from you, but I had to…” he whispered so quietly I barely heard him. He turned the engine on and shifted the car into gear, leaving our little conversation as it was. I closed my eyes and focused on my breathing, trying to figure out what was happening. Soon enough we stopped. I opened my eyes and noticed I was a very familiar home.

     “Why are we here?” I asked turning my head to face Logan.

     “We’re here to answer your questions…” he answered.

     Well that was a lot of help… Note the sarcasm.

     I opened the car door and hopped down from the truck. Who was in Brandon’s home that could answer my questions? We walked on the gravel path towards the front door, Logan stayed beside me. We reached the front door and before I could say anything it swung open and I was engulfed in a hug.

     “Oh Gosh! You’re okay! She’s okay right? Nothing happened to her Logon?” a lady asked. I wasn’t completely sure who it was though. I couldn’t see a thing and I was starting to lose air.

     “Madeleine, she’s fine… She’s just suffering saviour confusion. And you’re about to suffocate her...” Logan stated, and instantly Brandon’s mother let me go. I gasped, throwing my hand to my chest.

     “I’m so sorry dear!” she apologized, patting me gently on the back. I looked up at her; she had worry in her eyes. What’s with everybody worrying about me today?

     “Can you explain what’s going on?” I asked her, my headache started returning.

     “I’m sorry but I can’t,” she sighed shaking her head from side to side, “But my husband can…” she smiled warmly looking back at me.

     I smiled back weakly, “Hopefully…” I said quietly.

     Madeleine grabbed my hand and led me to her husband’s room. We stopped at the door and I knocked on it. “Come in…” Dominick answered, his voice was raspy and slightly weak. Madeleine opened the door slowly and entered the room, I followed in behind her. A middle aged man lied in bed, glasses on the tip of his nose as he looked up from the book he was holding.

     “Ah… The lovely Ashley… What have I done to deserve such beauty in my presents?” he asked closing the book and putting it on the nightstand. His voice was practically a whisper. I smiled at him, and then looked over at Madeleine questionably. She squeezed my hand for reassurance.

     “It’s okay, you can ask him…” she whispered, giving me a slight push forward. She turned and left me standing in the middle of the room. I slowly walked forwards towards the fragile man.

     “Dominick… I’m here to ask some questions-” I started but wasn’t able to finish.

     The doors of the room swung open as a tanned figure burst though. His body was covered in blood and claw marks. I stopped instantly at the sound then at the sight I ran forward, plummeting my body into his arms.

     “You’re okay!” he whispered, hugging me tightly. I hugged him as tight as I could, soon realizing what I was doing so I let go.

     “What happened back there?” I asked firmly, my body only arm’s length away. He was slightly taken back at what I asked so he looked over at his father mentally asking for help. I turned around and he was looking at us with a smirk.

     I turned back to Brandon and he just sighed, “I was supposed to explain everything to you Ashley. But Beau came and ruined it…” Brandon said simply, turning me and leading me to sit on his father’s bed.

     “And there is a lot of explain to be done…” Dominick stated, drawing my attention from Brandon to him.

     “What do you mean?” I pleaded, my hands falling into my lap.

     “We’re werewolf’s…” Dominick stated, shocking me a little, “and you are his mate…” He stated once again, pointing at his son with a smirk. Brandon’s cheeks went slightly red as he rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

     “Y-You’re werewolf’s?” I asked, looking at them both in disbelief.

     “Yes… and Beau is the leader of the Rebels.” I looked at them questionably. Dominick saw my confusion and continued.

     “The Rebels are a pack of rogue wolfs. Back when I was little my parents told me about how the Rebels destroyed one of the only remaining royal wolf packs. The Silvermoon pack.” He breathed in and then continued. “No one survived. Or so the Rebels thought. The prince of the pack was a toddler and was left at my family’s door step before the attack. He was practically like a brother to me, and he still is.” Dominick sighed, and then looked back up at me. “He was never able to fully understand his wolf. So it slowly left him. His wolf is always with him, but he can’t really access it. So he never changes into one. I called him and told him to come and explain everything more detailed to you. He does remember things about his pack. So he’ll explain this better than I can…” he looked down at his hands then back at me, “Just…” he sighed, “Just hear the man out. Okay Ashley..?”

     I nodded my head hesitantly. Who is this Prince Wolf guy? And why is Dominick so nervous? A loud thud sounded from behind the door. Soon enough the door was getting pushed open.

     My chest tightened at the sight of who it was. Tears started to form in my eyes. H-He was the prince? My breath was stuck in my throat as I tried to speak. My voice finally came back as I stuttered out a single word.

     “D-Dad?”

>---------•--------->

{A/N}

WHOA! HOLY SH- *falls out of chair*

SHOCKING! I KNOW! Didn't think that was going to happen, right...?

Anyway... Sorry for such lateness... Freaking schools a bloody bother...

Can't wait till the next chapter? Nether can I! Hope you liked de chapter!

Au Revoir!

Jules