~ Chapter 6 ~

Chapter 6:

     I woke the next day feeling refreshed and ready for the day. I had a feeling that today was gonna be good. I got dressed in some grey jeans, black t-shirt and a pair of neon pink Vans. I grabbed my bag, as well as a coat and skipped down the stairs feeling cheery.

     “Mornin!” I yelled, grabbing a hold of the corner of the staircase and swinging myself towards the kitchen, which was facing the other end of the stairs. I entered the kitchen to find Keith and the twins eating on the island bench.

     “Hey guys!” I grinned, opening the fridge and grabbing a carton of milk.

     “Hey-Hi-Sup” they each mumbled, finishing off their own breakfasts. I placed the carton to my lips and poured it into my mouth. A sour taste hit me and I spat the milk out of my mouth into the sink, then wiping some of it from my lips.

     “Milk’s off…” I said, gently putting the carton on the bench. They each nodded as Mika grabbed another milk carton from beside her. I just stared blankly at them, “Thank for telling me…” I said sarcastically, grabbing the carton from her hands. They looked up at me then back at their food, finishing it off quickly. “Y’all ready?” I asked, grabbing an UP&GO from the fridge after putting the milk away. I punctured the box with the straw, then taking a sip as I turned around.

     They were gone.

     Nobody was there.

     “Um… Guys?” I shouted, searching the kitchen from my brothers and sister. A loud car horn sounded and I looked out the window and at my car. My three siblings were already in the car, each urging me to get in. I quickly grabbed my bag and coat from the table, chucked the empty UP&GO into the bin, and ran out towards my car. I opened the door and sat in the driver’s seat. Then I remembered something really important, “Crap! My keys!”

     Keith, who was sitting next to me, dangled my car keys in front of my face, “How do you think we got in here?” he chuckled, handing the keys to me. I smiled, putting the keys in the ignition and starting it up.

     The car roared to life, as I pressed the accelerator, sending it forward and towards school, “If you guys forgot something… Forget it; I’m not going back…”

*•~*~•*

     The day school day passed quickly. During lunch Brandon was restless, but he actually didn’t show it. I am really the only one that can see his emotions at most times.

     “What’s wrong?” I asked as we headed for my locker. He looked over at me slightly shocked, but quickly put on a blank expression.

     “W-What are you talking about?” he asked, stuttering a little. I touched his arm while looking into his eyes, the same pleasurably feeling swept into me.

     “I know you Brandon… Don’t play dumb with me, what’s wrong?” I asked once again, keeping eye contact.

     He sighed, looking down at the ground, “Would you be able to meet Logan after school? I want to tell you something and he’ll take you were I wanna meet up… Is that okay?” he asked, hope clear in his voice. This is what Logan was telling me about! That very important discussion…

     “Sure…” I smiled as he looked up at me with the same lovingly smile.

     And now here I am… Waiting in the car park for Logan. I sent Keith to drive home, even though he’s only on his learners, but he wouldn’t get caught. Our home if only a ten minute drive from school. Plus Keith is one of the best drivers I know! I even believe he’s better than me…

     “Oi Ash!” a familiar voice yelled from behind me. I turned around quickly, making my long hair swish with the sudden movement.

     “Took you long enough!” I shouted back, moving towards Logan’s car.

     “HEY! I drove as quickly as I could! Marcus and Jason aren’t the easiest kids to tame!” he shouted back, climbing slightly out of the car window. Marcus and Jason are Logan’s little brothers, they’re actually twins. I chucked my bad into the back as I climbed into the passenger seat, “Where to madam?” Logan asked, leaning back against the seat.

     “Um… I thought you knew…?” I said, raising an eyebrow in question.

     His brows barrowed down in confusion then quickly changing into realization, “Oh! Yeah!” he laughed, turning to the front, shifting the car into gear and driving off. “So…” he said a little awkwardly, as we went further away from school.

     “So…” I mimicked, looking down at my hands. I looked up and over at him, breathing in deeply ready to ask a question that been bugging me all day. What does Brandon want? But as I breathed in, Logan spoke.

     “Just please listen to what he has to say.” He mumbled, tightening his grip on the steering wheel. “And don’t freak out…” he finished. I looked at him questionably. He’s just confusing me even more. But luckily we slowed to a stop in front to the same forest Logan and I went too yesterday.

     “Hey this is the place-“

     “Yeah… We came here yesterday…” he smiled, grabbing my arm and leading me deeper into the forest. We reached the area and I once again sat on the tree stump. I looked around as Logan spoke from beside me, “Brandon’s gonna be here any second alright…” he said simply.

     “Alright…” I replied, turning to look at him. But again… No Logan to be in sight… I sighed, standing and walking around the small open area.

     I looked around the small area. The trees surrounding me were already losing some of their leaves or some were just turning a slight orange, the bushes that held various colourful flowers were wilting, the grass was lightly frosted as well as some of the fallen trees.

     A rustling from behind me woke me from my daydreaming, and I turned as quickly as I could. “Brandon?” I asked, stepping to where I heard the rustling. But instead of Brandon, a tall tanned boy, about my age, emerged from the bushes. His messy black hair moving in the wind, and his amber coloured eyes fixed on me.

     “Oh… Why hello there…” he smirked, stepping forward trying to close the gap in between us.

     “H-Hello…” I replied, stepping back each time he stepped forward.

     “You must be Ashley…” he smirked, stepping even closer.

     “H-How do you know my name?” I asked, stepping further backwards, but he had obviously ignored my question.

     I suddenly stopped. Turning to look at what had stopped me, it was that damn tree stump. I just freaking cornered myself. The boys smirk grew as he finally closed the distance in between us. He wrapped his hand around my waist and I was pressed harder against the tree stump. He moved closer to my face, as if about to kiss me, but instead moved his lips to my ear.

     “I’m Beau… and you must be Brandon’s mate, Ashley…” he whispered into my ear, his breath sending unpleasant chills down my spine.

     “What do you mean by ‘mate’?” I asked, pushing him back and moving myself back slightly, not afraid to look him in the eye.

     His smirk grew into an evil grin, “So he hasn’t told you yet…” he mumbled the statement more to himself than me.

     “Hey Ashley?” a familiar voice yelled.

     Beau growled slightly turning to were the sound came from, then looking back at me and putting a single finger to his lips, “Shh…”

     Beau turned around and turned away from me. More rustling coming from a bush to the right of him. Brandon appeared, and at the slightest sight of Beau he turned to him fiercely.

     “Beau…” he then looked over at me, as if searching for any injures then turning back to Beau.

     “Hello Brother…” Beau grinned, a low growl escaping his lips.

     Brandon quickly looked over at me his eyes full of worry, “Get out of here…” a male voice said in my head, and it sounded awfully like Brandon. Another growl escaped Beau and Brandon’s head instantly shot towards him, “Leave!” he shouted, but Beau just smirked.

     “Not without your lovely mate, Ashley….” Beau snapped back lunging towards me. Brandon threw himself at Beau, knocking him away from me.

     Brandon then stood in front of me protectively, “Over my dead body…” he snapped back. A low growl escaped Beau’s mouth and a slight cracking sound escaped both of the boys. He pounced at Brandon as he did the same. Both changing mid way. A rather large black wolf stood in front of another wolf which was dark brown.

     My hands cupped themselves automatically over my mouth, “W-What?” I mumbled, shaking my head out of disbelief.

     The brown wolf turned to me, barking a command, “GET OUT OF HERE ASHLEY!” the same voice screamed in my head.

     But before I could move, the black wolf pounced at the brown one, “LOOK OUT!” I screamed pointing towards the flight.

     He turned just in time, dodging the attack. The brown wolf turned and pounced on the back of the black wolf, the brown wolf barked out once again, “Ashley! Leave! NOW!” the voice yelled, and I followed the command. I turned and ran. Ran the way I came in, hoping that I wouldn’t get lost.

     I made it to the road and to my surprise Logan was leaning his car, playing on his phone. “LOGAN!” I screamed, running quicker. His face shot up, a bored expression was quickly changed into worry.

     “Ashley what the matter?” he asked as I finally reached him, crashing into his arms.

     “Brandon… Wolf… Boy… Fight!” I said between sobs, which were even worst since I was gasping for air.

     “Whoa whoa whoa… Just breathe Ash… What happened?” he cooed, swinging me slightly.

     “Brandon’s a wolf! He’s in a fight with a boy named Beau!!” I finally shouted, Logan instantly tensed at the slight mention of Beau, “And he kept saying something about me being Brandon’s mate? What does this all mean Logan?”

     He gripped onto me and took me to the passenger side of the car, “They’ll explain everything later. Right now we need to get you to safety…” He said quickly, trying not to waste any time.

     “Wait Logan! Who’s gonna explain this to me and who’s trying to hurt me?” I demanded. He entered the car without saying a word and drove off quickly.

     Away from Beau and away from Brandon…

>---------•--------->

{A/N}

WHOA! Beau appered! and where would Logan take Ashley? Hm...

Well... I believe that this chapter was much better than my previous one... Hopefully you believe that too! Well I won't keep you any longer...

HOPE YOU LIKED THE CHAPTER!!

Adiós!!

Jules