~ Chapter 3 ~

Chapter 3:

{*ASHLEY’S POV*}

     I ran down the hallway, eager to get out of school. But slowed down when I remembered Brandon was driving me home. As if on cue Brandon popped out of a classroom, with some guys, not too far from where I stood. “BRANDON!” I called, waving my hands above my head. His head snapped towards me, and his expression changing into his one of his genuine smiles. He turned to the guys, then turned back and headed towards me; I kinda met him halfway so it’s less trouble for him.

     “Hey Ash!” he grinned as I stepped next to him causing me to accidently bump my arm against his. A flood of sparks and heat flew throughout my body from his simple touch. Goosebumps rose on my skin. It felt… nice…

     After our little spark I smiled up at him, “Hi Brad!” He’s freakishly tall and I’m… average? I’m lucky if I can touch the top of his head! He just stared at me like he was in space. I looked behind him, looking at the guys he left the class with. They kept glancing at Brad and I.

     Hm? Wonder what they’re staring at so intensely at? I shook my head and looked back at Brandon. He was still looking at me; I blushed slightly thinking there was something on my face. I shook it off then started walking to the car park. Brandon shook his head, as if trying to get out of thinking, and started walking next to me. I smiled at him, trying to start a conversation, “Can’t wait for your birthday tomorrow?”

     “Yeah… Can’t wait…” he mumbled, now looking down at the ground. What’s up with him? We made it to his car then hopped in.

     “Hey guys!”

     I screamed in fright as well as jump in my seat at the sudden sound. Both Brandon and I turned to look at what, or better who, was behind us. Surprisingly enough Keith was already inside… “How the hell did you get in here?” Brandon said, clearly confused in how a smartass 16 year old got into his very, very expensive car.

     Keith just smirked, “I have my ways...” Brandon and I just stared at him with disbelief. I blinked a couple of times trying to register what he just said and how the hell he got in here without sounding any alarms.

     “I-I… forget it…” Brandon mumbled, turning back to the front and putting his hands on the steering wheel. I just stared at my little brother…

     He just shrugged innocently and gave a cheeky smirk, “What…?” I just glared at him…

     “You’re evil…” I said quietly, I was directing it more to me than him. Next thing I heard was a knock. I turn my head to the left and see Lucas knocking on the window of the car.

     “Can I come in?” I heard him say, the glass blocking out some of his voice. Brandon unlocked his car and Lucas opened the door and sat in.

     “WELCOME!” Keith cried cheerfully, throwing his hands towards Lucas. Lucas gave him a weird look then turned back to the front.

     “Finn, Mika and Henry have gone to the mall to chill; they said they’d be back at home later…” Lucas informed us.

     “Alright…” I mumbled mentally fist pumping, the twins could be pretty annoying at times…

     I turned to look at Brandon who had a smirk on his face, “First stop-“

     “CUPPA CAKE CAFÉ!” The three of us shouted in union, shocking Brandon a little. Cuppa Cake Café is the best café in the whole damn world! It’s also kinda a tradition to go there when the trio is not with us. Brandon chuckled then started the engine. He drove out of the car park and toward the Café, while I turned on the radio.

     McFly’s new song ‘Love Is Easy’ came on and I started humming to it. I absolutely love singing; it’s pretty much my life.  Brandon leaned towards me; “Sing…” he whispered his eyes still on the road. I turned to see Keith and Lucas looking hopefully at me with their puppy dog eyes, damn… No one can resist their puppy dog eyes, evil boys. I sighed then turned to the front waiting for the chorus to come on. I breathed in and sang with the music.

     “If this is love then love is easy

     It's the easiest thing to do.

     If this is love, then love completes me