Epilogue

With ghouls now gone, her father didn't need to leave for so long. Although he still had to leave for business, his trips would be short and wouldn't be so frequent. Which she was happy for.

It wasn't guaranteed that all ghouls were gone....well she knew Kaneki wasn't gone, but she hopped that all the ones which were the cause of...everything were gone..

Concerning Kaneki, he would visit her every week. In some weeks her would visit twice or three times, claiming that "he missed her." It was always a pleasant surprise having him visit. No one knew about him or his visits. They just assumed she was recovering from his "death" and moving on. They had to close his missing person's case and blamed the act of a ghoul for his body never being found.

As disappointed as it was seeing the police give up so easily, she was relieved that no suspicion has raised about Kaneki and him being a ghoul. Of course his new hair colour and eye make him seem so much like a different person, it wouldn't be very difficult to see the resemblance if one were to look at him closely and attentively.

Years later, She has finally moved out of her parents home. She left the country and settled into a small town elsewhere, somehow managing to convince Kaneki to come along with her.

She kept in touch with her parents, and would make sure to visit every year for the holidays.

Kaneki would steal body parts from a mortuary and store them in an additional freezer they kept in the basement.

It wasn't the most ideal scenario but they were happy. And I'm just a few months they would have their first child together. Kaneki wasn't really well know by the people who lived in the town - for obvious reasons-, but the people who had made an effort to befriend the woman had helped her settle in. Other women who had children of their own had even given tips for how to deal with their child.

Her parents didn't know about the child, she planned to inform them that she had just adopted a baby. It felt wrong, lying to her parents, but she had no other choice. She finally had Kaneki back. She didn't want to go back to how she was after lossing him and Hide.

Speaking of Hide, she and Kaneki planned to name one of their children Hide. They had gotten an ultrasound months prior and found out that they would be having twins of different genders.

Another few years passed, and the sound of their children calling for them quickly caused the two to run over to them.

Kneeling infront of his son, Kaneki asked what had been the matter.

"Momma!" Kenzie, their daughter, ran up to them, holding what looked to he an injured puppy. It's spine with somewhat visible, giving the impression that it probably hadn't eated in a long time. "The doggie!" She held up the animal, tears cascaded down her cheeks as he lip quivered.

"Give it to me. I'll take it to the vet, take your brother and go inside with dadda ok?" Y/n took the animal form her daughter. She watched as the children ran inside, leaving her with Kaneki.

"Hurry back." Kissing her cheek, he walked into the house to watch over the kids.

Almost an hour later, she returned with the animal sleeping soundly on small plush bed. It had some toys placed besides it.

"Can you kids help momma get the puppy's stuff from the car please?" She asked.

"We keep it?" Hide asked, his grey eyes widening with excitement.

"Can we?" Kenzie joined, she smiled widely, obviously overjoyed st the thought of having a pet.

"Can we please?" Kaneki asked, he although seemed more mocking and playful. Even though, he still was excited about having a pet.

"Of course as can. No go get that stuff before he wakes up. He's really healthy and once he wakes up he'll get some food and rest and medicine. You'll play with him tomorrow ok?"

"Yes!!" The kids rejoiced!

"And that's it." Kaneki smiled, walking over to his wife.

"That's what?" She asked, obviously confused.

"That's how we become a full family. And live happily ever after." Me kissed her, earning a series of rifles from her.

"You're so corny. I love you."

"Ewww!" The two broke out in laughter at their children's disgust.

"The end." Y/n spoke.

"Hey! That's my line!" Kaneki exclaimed, a false look of betrayal crossing his countenance.

No that's my line. "The end"