"Your Majesty, the duke and his guest have arrived," Collin said and placed his hands behind his back. The queen smiled happily as she stood up. "Full transparency, the press is even more rambunctious today. Someone leaked that the duke was coming for a visit."

"We can handle it," Margaret said and glanced back at Y/n. She held her hand out as the young royal practically melted back into her seat. "Come, Y/n, let us greet our guests."

"Actually, grandmother, I will stay here. I fear I might have had too much to drink last night. It was already a hassle to get to this section of the garden with the harsh sun rays," Y/n said and fanned herself with her hand. The queen turned her entire body to face her as a singular eyebrow raised. Y/n could tell that she was about to get lectured and sat up in her seat. "I am perfectly well to have an outing with the duke. My feet are just aching. I've already talked to Doctor Gregory, and I've taken some pain medication before breakfast."

The queen sighed and smiled softly at her granddaughter. She clapped her hands together before taking a few steps towards Collin. "Very well, but I will have the duke come meet you here. We need to act quickly. The coronation needs to happen sometime."

Y/n nodded her head as her eyes flicked over to Emily. The raven-haired woman could feel her mixture of emotions start to wash over her. She felt relieved that she didn't have to see the greeting of the duke, but she knew that she'd have to watch from a far as Y/n learned to love him.

Once Margaret and Collin left the garden, Y/n exhaled deeply. She rubbed her lips together as she looked at Emily. She could tell that Emily was encased in her own racing mind. She wanted to do anything to help slow it down. The young princess stood up and carefully made her way towards Emily. Instinctively, the raven-haired woman took a step back and kept her eyes down and away from Y/n's. The retreating steps continued until Emily was trapped between Y/n and the greenery wall of the garden.

Just like that, all their progress of knowing each other had immediately vanished.

Yet, Y/n still continued to try and get close to Emily.

The princess reached into her back pocket and revealed the letter. Y/n smoothed the tips of her fingers over the length of the envelope, mentally debating whether or not to hand it over to Emily.

When she offered it to her, Emily's hand didn't even move. The princess swallowed harshly as she carefully reached over, playing with the hem of Emily's blazer. The raven-haired woman's eyes shut tightly as she smelled the amber and passionfruit mixture. It was so inviting yet screamed at her to run.

"Answer the letter, Emily," Y/n said softly as she stuffed the envelope into inside blazer pocket. She pulled Emily closer by the hem of her jacket. The two of them were merely inches away from each other as they locked eyes. "I kn—I know things might be difficult because of all of this—"

"No, they're crystal clear," Emily said and reached down, pulling Y/n's hand off of her jacket. She turned and walked towards the garden entrance. The princess didn't even turn to look at her as she left.

"Emily," Y/n said softly and hung her head low. The sound of Emily's footsteps fleeting against the concrete drove Y/n mad. "Emily!"

Still, the raven-haired woman walked. She reached up and grabbed the sunglasses from the top of her head.

"Agent Prentiss, front and center," Y/n said sternly, raising her voice at Emily. The raven-haired woman paused and tensed at the tone from the princess. She turned and made her way back in front of Y/n; her eyes darting directly over her shoulder to avoid eye contact. "I don't like doing that as much as you don't like hearing it, but we need to discuss this."