three

hellooooo! happy pride month everyone! i hope you're all having a fantastic time even though it's only day 3🏳️‍🌈

i'm currently pushing myself to write a head of time before life gets too chaotic again. working 3 jobs this summer is going to either make me a better person or make me want to rip my hair out. let's hope for the best😅

enough rambling. let's get into it! 😌

not proofread because obviously ✨

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: sexual tension, mentions of smoking
word count: 3515

Two Weeks Later:

Emily found herself out on her bedroom's balcony. She couldn't sleep for some reason as she stared up at the night sky. Nostia had the most beautiful view of the stars that Emily had ever seen. They were a lot more brighter than anywhere else in the world. It was comforting to have this view with her. It brought her a peace that she couldn't describe.

The raven-haired woman huffed as she reached down into her pocket. The familiar white carton was in her hand. She grabbed one of the cigarettes and placed it between her teeth. Emily placed the box back in her pocket as she admired the stars above her.

"That's not a good thing," a voice said from behind her. Emily quickly turned and saw Y/n standing there in a large sweater and shorts. Her hair was slightly damp and skin clean of makeup. By the frightened look on her face, the princess realized she unknowingly scared Emily. "Apologizes, I didn't mean to scare you."

"Your Highness," Emily said, taking the cigarette out of her mouth, and bowing her head to Y/n. She glanced up before taking a step towards the royal. "It's late. Why are you here, and where is Harper?"

"One, I can't sleep," Y/n said and placed her hands behind her back. She carefully walked up to Emily as she studied the woman. "And two, Harper let me run free once I told her I was coming to see you."

Emily glanced back and forth between the young princess's eyes. She wondered if that was the whole truth. Subconsciously, she played with the cigarette in her hand. "Harper shouldn't have let you out of her sight. And why did you need to see me? Did something happened?"

"Quite the opposite, actually," Y/n said and chuckled. Emily furrowed her eyebrows as she watched the young princess make her way towards the balcony. "I hate to admit it, but my grandmother was right."

Emily turned as she looked at the princess lean over the cement ledge. Y/n's eyes were glued to the bright stars in the sky. Emily could see the shimmer of the stars in the princess's eyes. Y/n was looking up at the night sky like it was her first time seeing it. Emily noticed how Y/n carefully examined each star. It was almost like she was waiting for them to speak to her.

The raven-haired woman carefully made her way right next to the princess. Emily leaned over, resting her elbows on the ledge just like Y/n was doing.

"What was she right about?" Emily asked and played with the cigarette in her hand. Y/n glanced down and admired the way Emily's hand seemed so smooth. Emily's green and purple colored veins stood out against her pale skin. For a woman with such a demanding and hard role, her feminine features remained delicate. Her hands looked like they belonged on sculptures.

"I think you and I were gone on the wrong leg, or foot, whatever it is that you Americans say. I'm not good with your idioms," Y/n said and chuckled softly. Emily smiled widely as she nodded her head. "I know what it's like to adjust to such a demanding job. It's especially difficult without support. I understand how lonely it is, which is why I'm making more of an effort."