chapter 9

I'M BACKKKKKK!! You guys are going to HATE me after this, 'cause I added a nasty cliffy. *rubs hands together evily*

Chapter 9

After classes, we all met in the science classroom. Hartwick was there, so if we ran into trouble, he'd come in and help.

"Remember, if you see purple eyes, get out immediatly," he reminded us for the billionth time.

We were all equipped with a walkie-talkie, a canteen, granola bars, and a flashlight. We had no idea what we would encounter, so we were packed for the worst. Maps weren't an option; we were rlying on sheer luck. I tried not to think we would be facing impeccable doom.

"All right. Let's go," Anthony commanded. One by one, we stepped through.

The room materialzed in front of us. It was a grand hall, with tapestries and stained glass. It looked like it was getting ready for a feast, because shiny gold goblets and crystal plates were set out. I caught the scent of meat cooking and sauce being stirred. At first, I thought the portal actually transported us through time, until Sam pointed out the electronic fire alarm.

"Are you in?" Hartwick asked over the walkie-talkie., panic rising. I wondered why he was so freaked out about the Night Demons. Did he have a run-in with one?

I answered it. "Yeah. Looks like one of those replicas of a medevial castle."

Silence. "Be careful. I'm not sure what kinds of ghosts live here, so be on your toes."

Suddenly, we heard clanking and horse hooves. Wait? Horse hooves?

"Do you guys hear horse hooves?" Sam asked, peering down a hallway.

Sydney nodded. "Yeah."

"Good. I thought I was going insane."

"What are you people doing here?" A voice asked. We all whirled around, scared out of our wits. A knight rode up, his face and body covered in armor. He rode a horse, and the two figures were coal black.

"Who are you?" Anthony asked.

The knight dismounted his steed. When he did, I could see he had a scabbard by his waist. It was empty, which gave a sense of relief for a moment. "I am Sir Pansly!" He announced heroicly, like the mere mention of his name would cause crowds to fall down at his feet.

However, Sam looked confused. "Who?"

He sighed. "No one has heard of me! They come in and say, 'Who are you?', and I tell them. Unfortuently, they have no clue! It can get rather frustrating, huh Philip?" At first I had no idea who he was speaking to, but apparently, it was his horse. Crazy loon.

But then, the horse nodded back. Like it understood human speech.

"To answer your question, I am the less mentioned knight of King Arthur's court. Probably because I died in my first battle. I can't remember which, though. The year, however, I remember. Year 1111."

Sydney stared at him, as if he was a talking animal. "Why did you choose to come back as a ghost? You can never return to your final resting place, you know."

Sam scoffed. "Bad move, buster. You should've just stayed where you were."

"I did it, because of where I was sent." He took off his helmet. At first, I was awed. Sir Pansly looked like a hero from a fairy-tale with brown curls cascading down his forehead, and a strong face. If I didn't know he was dead, I would expect to see him off to go slay a dragon or rescue a damsel in distress. The only two things that ruined the image was the ugly white wound on his forehead, like a spear had been thrust into his skull that has been long since removed.

And the gleaming red eyes that seemed to be on fire.

_________________________________________________________________________

Tell me what you guys think!!!!!! Thanks, love you all, but in a way a write loves her readers. :D