chapter 8

Sorry I haven't been uploading, I've been busy. Anyways, if this is 8, and there are 15 chapters, that means that (if my math skills are correct) 7 MORE CHAPTERS LEFT! I'm in the process of writing a sequel, but I am not sure about it.

Chapter 8

"Are you mental? Did you go temporarily deaf when Hartwick told us that we could be trapped by a Night Demon?!" I shrieked, wiping tears from my eyes.

"I am not! I just can't stand the felling of them being trapped for all eternity! We have to do something!" She exclaimed.

Sydney let it sink in. My mind was racing and pulling up memories. Mrs. Waterfield being overjoyed to see us. Seeing Luke again. The countless others who chose the wrong path, the millions after who will also chose wrong.

"All right," I gave in. "But let them cool down, like Hartwick told us. Thursday. The day after tomorrow."

Sydney cheered. "Oh, God, thanks Margie! I will make it up to you!"

*                                 *                                          *                                              *                                *

I cornered Sam after class was over on Wednesday. "Look, I know in the past, we've had our differences, but we need you. Tomorrow, me, Sydney, and Anthony are going into another Spiral. You in?"

She looked at me like I started speaking Greek. "Are you nuts? Why would I drag my butt into another one of those evil rooms?"

Seriously, if Sydney didn't beg and plead for me to go with her, I wouldn't have gone. So, I didn't hve a clue.

Knowing Sam's likes and dislikes, I decided to appeal to her love of boys. "Well, um, maybe one of the ghosts has a living boy relative that's really hot."

Her eyes perked up. "I'm in."

*                               *                              *                           *                       *                                   * 

Convincing Anthony would be easier. Sydney told me that he loved adventure and science fiction.

So imagine my surprise when he refused.

"Sorry, Margie," he said when I knocked on his dorm room door and told him the situation. "You heard Hartwick. It's way too dangerous. I don't want you or Sydney getting hurt."

I was touched. But, I had to do convince him. I lowered my voice. "Tell you the truth, I wouldn't rather go either. But, it's for Sydney."

Anthony thought for a moment about it. "Okay. For Sydney."

I thanked him and walked away, satisfied.

*                                 *                        *                          *                            *                         *

"Okay, the two are coming," I reported to Sydney that night.

She smiled. "Thanks. I'm glad you did, because I was having second thoughts about going. Now that I've got you three, I'm going. We're going to save a lot of ghosts."

*                            *                                   *                                *                                   *

Who knew it would be crucial for Sydney and Anthony to come? Because, if they didn't, Sam and I would've died.