Chapter 6

Feeling up to another cliffy??? *grins evily*

-Ginger

Chapter 6

My brain sent mixed signals to my body. As I examined the figure, something was wrong. His eyes were flicking from his normal brown to a bright blue. What's going on?

"Sis? Margie?"

I nodded.

"How do I know it's really you?" He asked.

"Because I'm the only one who knows that you spilled mashed potatoes all over your first date. You never told anyone that except your twin sister," I smiled.

He grinned and stepped into the house. "It really is you!"

Sydney walked up. "Do you remember me?"

"Of course. Sydney, the Brit who is my little sister's best friend," Luke replied.

"I'm Anthony. Sydney's cousin," Anthony tried fist-bumping Luke, but the flesh-and-bone hand passed right through the ghost one.

Sam pushed her way into Luke's line of vision. "I'm Sam. Come here often?"

Is she trying to flirt with my dead brother?

He ignored her, thankfully.

"Luke, what happened to you after you d-d-died?"I stuttered, not wanting to speak the awful word.

Luke settled down on the green couch, WaEve's Doom spread across his lap. "When I died, I was given a choice. Stay in heaven, or return to  Earth again. As a ghost.

"I chose ghost afterlife. The one place I was most attached to was here. If you want to return as a ghost,the soul will send you to whereever you died, or where you're most attatched.

"I bet you're wondering why I chose to come back. Well, I was hoping you, Mom, and Dad would come back to the beach house. But,after five years, you didn't."

"Mom and Dad were too heartbroken. I'll try to convince them to come back," I told him.

He smiled,but it quickly faded. "You have to go."

I was heartbroken, but I agreed. Sydney, Anthony, and Sam left to go draw the spiral.

"Margie," I turned around, "tell Mom and Dad," he looked away, "that I'm sorry, I miss them, too, and to come back."

I nodded. "I promise, big brother."

We hugged. After seeing how flesh could pass through ghost skin, I was expecting the same.

But for a second, Luke was solid again. If I touched his arm, my hand didn't pass through it. But it was over when I pulled away.

"See ya, sis," he picked up his board and went outside. Still surfing in the afterlife.

I jumped through the newly drawn spiral, then everyone else followed.

We crash-landed on the floor, and unfortunelty, I was everyone's cushion. Footsteps clacked down the hall into the room. We all looked up into the eyes of Professor Hartwick.

"Well, well, well. Someone learned how to use the Spirals."

==============================================================================

Next chapter, all will be explained.