1

Book two is out! Can't wait to get back to writing Isobel! I loved her character so much!

P.S. I hope the sequel lives up to the first book, ArrowsToTheHeart . Hope this is as good a read as the first one!

———————————————————————

"Derek, is Cora still out?" I asked my nephew-in-law as I walked down the spiral steps of the loft, finding him sitting on the couch with a book in hand.

    "Yeah. She's out Christmas shopping," he answered, looking at me. "This is gonna be your first Christmas as an official Hale. How do you feel?"

    I shrugged and sat down next to him. "The only thing that has changed is this family is about to get even weirder."

    He smiled and closed his book. "Where's Peter?"

    "He's out at the park with Layla and Niko." I said.

    "I still can't believe you named your year-old son Niko." Derek said.

    "Well, I said Peter could choose our son's name if I chose our daughter's. And Niko's not a bad name." I answered, changing the subject. "What did you get for Cora?"

    "I got her a scarf. And nail polish." he answered.

    "Nail polish? You really think she'll like that?" I asked.

    "I got her dark colors. Not pastel ones." he clarified.

    "Ah. Then she'll love it."

The door to the loft rolled open and the twins ran inside, Niko dragging Peter by the hand.

"Mommy! Derek!" Layla shrieked happily as she climbed into my lap. "Daddy took me and Niko to get hot coco!"

"Did he?" I smiled at her and she nodded her head.

"It was good! Where's Cora?" she asked as she looked around for her cousin.

"She's out shopping, Layla," I said. "She'll be back soon."

"I wanted to put on her makeup! Derek! Pleeeeeeeease????" Layla begged him.

Derek forced back a smile, his lips turning upwards slightly. "Okay. But just until Cora gets back."

"Yay!" she clapped her hands and Derek got up, letting Layla climb onto his back, the two of them walking up the steps.

"Daddy, can I go with sissy?" Niko asked his father.

"She might make you put on makeup, Niko. Are you okay with that?" I asked as I got off the couch and knelt to my son's level.

"Yeah! Makeup makes you pretty. That's why you wear it, Mommy!" Niko said with a smile. "So you are extra pretty!"

I smiled at him and lightly swept my thumb over his red nose. "How about you get in warm clothes, then you can join your cousin and sister."

"Okay! Thanks, Mommy." Niko hugged me tightly and ran into his room at the end of the loft.

I stood up and wrapped my arms around Peter. "How was your day?"

"I spent the whole day with the kids, and now I get to come home to my wife," he answered with a smile and kissed me. "I'd say my day went really well. How was yours?"

"I got the Christmas shopping done for tomorrow, then I relaxed and finally got a chance to read a book." I answered him.

The loft door opened again and Cora came through, stomping snow off her boots and closing the door, smiling once she saw us and hung up her coat, taking off her boots and scarf.