𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣.

↬ 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒 𝒶𝓌𝒶𝓎 ↫

↬ 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒 𝒶𝓌𝒶𝓎 ↫

The soft, melodic ringing of a piano filled the room as you hummed along with each note, submerging yourself in your music as it emanated from the instrument. Your eyes fluttered closed as your fingers slid across each key, smoothly moving from one to the next and filling in the empty pages of the song as you went along. This wasn't any of 4NEMO's pieces; it was your own.

As the final notes blended into the air and you peeled your eyes open, you thought of any adjustments you could make to the melody and grabbed your notebook, intending to write them down. However, you were interrupted before you could make another movement.

"That was a lovely song."

A surprised yelp escaping you, you spun around on the bench to see Jean standing behind you with a kind smile. Realizing it was only her, you exhaled deeply and rubbed your eyes.

"Um, thanks," you replied awkwardly. "I just started working on it a few days ago."

She chuckled at your embarrassed response, "Do you write your own music often?"

"Mm," you hummed. "No, not really. Sometimes I think of melodies, but then I find songs that already sound the exact same, so... I'm not very good at making my own stuff."

"Well, I like this one," she stated. "I'm sorry for intruding, though."

"It's okay!" You said hastily, not wanting her to feel guilty. "Did you need something?"

"I was just wondering if you were still here," she answered. "I had to do some paperwork, so I stayed while the others left."

"Wait, what time is it?" You asked, promptly fetching your phone from your pocket. "Oh, I didn't realize it got so late..."

"Have you eaten dinner yet?" She queried, to which you looked back at her and shook your head.

Observing closely, you noticed that she had dark bags under her eyes, and her entire demeanor exuded exhaustion. Seeing this, you were much more worried about her than yourself.

Still, her lips curled up in a ghostly smile, "Let me treat you, then."

At her suggestion, you quickly grabbed your notebook and stuffed your items into your bag, slinging it over your shoulder to carry it.

"Okay!"

>─────☾⛧☽─────<

You felt ashamed of allowing her to treat you to a meal, even though she seemed to be unwell, but she did suggest it, so you assumed she wanted to. You didn't like assuming things.

"How much did you sleep last night?" You questioned before taking a sip of your drink.

"Hm... I managed to get a few hours, why? Am I that obvious?"