𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚.

↬ 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑜𝒻 𝓎𝑜𝓊 ↫

↬ 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑜𝒻 𝓎𝑜𝓊 ↫

"...X-Xiao."

His heart pounds as he recalls the way you said his name. It seemed to roll off your tongue so easily, despite you being so nervous. Your voice was calm and soft, like silk. And the look on your face as you turned your head to the side was adorable. You'd turned to hide your red face, but he could still see your cheek and the tip of your ear. It looked like you were going to burst into flame any second.

"Xiao, where did you go today?" Aether asks, looking at his friend, who's laying across his bed with his face toward the ceiling.

Xiao slightly turns his head, "Out."

"With the pianist?"

Xiao bolts upright and sends Aether a glare, "How do you know about that?"

The blonde pulls up a picture on his phone and turns the device around to show him. It's a picture of you and Xiao, leaving the library.

"Someone put the picture on social media. The person doesn't have a lot of followers, so it's not everywhere yet, but it might cause a bit of drama," Aether sighs, turning his phone off.

"There were barely any people there..." Xiao mutters.

"Jean's not gonna like this when she finds out," Aether groans. "It looks like the person who posted it is trying to start romantic rumors."

"Great. Can't wait to deal with that," Xiao plops back down and puts earbuds in, connecting them to his phone. 

"I listen to some of your own individual songs to sleep sometimes when I have nightmares, or just when I need help going to bed."

He plays the video of you playing and lays the phone face-down on the nightstand beside his bed, "I'm taking a nap, don't bother me."

"At 6 o'clock...? We're going to dinner soon-"

"I said don't bother me. I'll eat later."

"Okay then..."

>──────☾⛧☽──────<

"Okay, I need to stop being obsessed. Wait, what? I'm not obsessed with him. Right, Kit?"

Kit just stares, as usual.

"Okay, yeah, you're right. Xiao is just a person, like me. I shouldn't treat him differently than I'd treat anyone else. But I get so nervous around him... How am I supposed to fix that? Maybe it'll get better if I talk to him more. Oh, right... I might not get to talk with him more. I forgot. Damn..."

What time is it?

You look to the clock and see that it's already 7 pm. You gasp and hurry into the kitchen, suddenly realizing the aching hunger tearing your body apart. You'd been too engrossed in your own thoughts that you forgot you're hungry.