𝙩𝙬𝙤.

↬ 𝒶 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓈𝑜𝓃 𝓉𝑜 𝒸𝒶𝓁𝓁 ↫

"What!?"

"I-I was offered to work on another project in Fontaine, so I have to move there... I won't be able to play for you... I'm sorry! It's just- I couldn't pass up this opportunity..."

"No, it's okay. Congratulations, Sucrose," Aether smiles, patting the girl's shoulder. "The next album is supposed to be having a lot more piano, though..."

"We'll need to get a replacement," Kazuha sighs. "But we'll work it out. Congrats on the job, Sucrose. I know you'll do great."

"T-Thank you! I'm sorry for letting you know on such short notice, but I just found out about it yesterday, so..."

"Why can't she just record her playing the piano and send it to us so we can use it?" Xiao asks.

Venti frowns, "Xiao, that's inconsiderate. She'll be working on something else, she's gonna want to do her best at that! Besides, the crowd prefers live music."

Xiao nods, feeling a bit guilty for suggesting such a selfish thing. He thinks for a bit before walking away, hastily pulling out his phone. He finally figured out what he can ask you for.

>──────☾⛧☽──────<

A little more than a week and no text from Xiao. You sigh as you check your phone for the twenty-thousandth time in the past week. Just knowing he has your number is exciting, but you know there's no guarantee he'll use it. Still, there's a chance, right?

Speaking of which:

xxx-xxx-xxxx
Is this Y/n?
sent 3:02 pm

You gasp and rush to type your response.

Me
Yep! How can I help you?
sent 3:02 pm

You don't want to assume it's Xiao just because it's an unknown number, and if it isn't him, mentioning Xiao would make it more awkward.

xxx-xxx-xxxx
This is Xiao. I figured out a favor to ask of you.
sent 3:04 pm

You yelp, jumping up and down out of pure excitement as you reread the message over and over again.

"Kit, Xiao texted me! He did, I swear!" You turn to find Kit eating out of his bowl. "Oh, who am I kidding? You don't care."

You change his contact name and add him into your list before replying.

Me
Okay! What is it?
sent 3:06 pm

Xiao♡
You know how to play the piano, right?
sent 3:07 pm

Me
Yeah, I do. Why?
sent 3:07 pm

Xiao♡
Let me hear you play.
sent 3:08 pm