𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

↬ 𝓈𝓃𝑜𝓌𝒻𝒶𝓁𝓁 ↫

↬ 𝓈𝓃𝑜𝓌𝒻𝒶𝓁𝓁 ↫

"...So how'd you like it, Mom?"

"It sounded terrible. I can't believe you actually thought you could do something that requires so much talent. And as a career? That would fail miserably."

"Ah... Sorry."

"Don't be sorry, just stop and focus on your studies. This won't get you anywhere."

"Right..."

"They have a piano."

You furrow your eyebrows at his statement. There's a hint of blush on your cheeks from the way he took your hand once again and pulled you off to the side.

"I thought you went to the bathroom-" You say.

"I lied. I got them to bring out a piano for you. It's smaller than the one you played before, but it should still work, right?"

That's so sweet! I think my heart just melted.

"Yes!" You chirp, rushing to give him a tight hug. "Thank you, Xiao."

You pull away and look over to the open space on the floor in the middle of the room, which was out of your sight when you were sitting down.

"Are you sure it's okay if I play it?" You whisper.

"They said it's fine."

"Okay," you exhale before marching over to your passion. You notice a few people glancing at you while you pass by, some with judgement in their eyes.

Xiao takes his place back at the table and the others look at him with confusion.

"Where's Y/n?" Aether asks.

"Over there."

Reacting to Xiao pointing to you, Kazuha leans over the side of the booth and turns his head to look, seeing you sitting at the instrument. He raises his eyebrows and sits normally before giving a report.

"She's going to play the piano," he says.

"Really!?" Venti's eyes light up. "I can't wait! Xiao, is that where you went? To get the piano?"

"I guess you can say that."

"Aw, you really do have a crush on her! So cute," he giggles.

"Shut up, Venti."

"Okay, okay, I was kidding..." He pouts.

You nervously scan the room to see a few people looking at you already. You take a few deep breaths and silently choose what song you want to perform. You're not sure what made you think such a fancy restaurant wouldn't have a piano, but you're happy they do. It reminds you of your old one.