Chapter 13: The Annoying Father and Tacos

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, great job idiot." She muttered, annoyed.

"Sorry, Becky." I laughed.

"Damn you." She said.

"Hey, shush now. He might hear your voice." I say, continuously eating my food.

She just groaned and didn't respond.

I just smirked and look outside the window in awe.

They're many trees, cars passing by, made horns honking like crazy. And-

"Jesse? Is that you?" A voice interrupted my thoughts.
It sounds man like and- fuck could this be..
I turned around and he's standing and smiling at me.
Fuck my life.

"Oh, Mr. Mitchell, I didn't know you were here." I say nervously, looking up at him and fakely smiling at him.

"Yeah well, I just bought tacos for someone." He said. "Hey have you seen Beca around campus? I tried calling her but she won't answer." His voice sounded disappointed.

Oh no.

"Uh, I didn't. I'm sorry, but I think she's just at her dorm. Maybe working on her mixes. Sometimes she just never go out of her dorm just to finish her mixes. She really loves music." I honestly said, playing with my food.

"Oh, alright. I'll just go to her dorm and drop these for her." He grinned, pointing at the food he just bought.

Oh shit.

I felt something pinched me on my leg and I hissed.
Luckily, he didn't noticed and he's got his attention on his food he bought.
I reached down under the table and reached for her cheeks and pinched it. I heard a groaned and I smirked.

He looks to me and say, "Hey uh, you haven't been dating my daughter, have you?"

I got honestly shocked by his question.

"Definitely not, sir." I said, my voice sounding shocked. "She's the last person I could ever be prevailed upon to have a relationship."

Okay, I lied.

"It's good then. Listen I have to go to my daughter's dorm. See you around." He said walking away and waving.

"See you around too, sir." I grinned at him.

Hey, that wasn't bad. I thought Beca's dad was scary but no. He isn't.
As soon as he went out of the fast food, I kneeled down under the table again and saw Beca, the same position as before but looking down at the floor.

"The cost is clear, weirdo." I smirked, tapping her knees.
She doesn't look up at me and just look at the floor.
"Hey, you okay?" I asked, concerned.

She tensed up the moment I speak up for the second time and look up at me with her sad eyes.
"Y-yeah. I'm good." She said, her voice sound different. She actually sounded hurt.

•••••••••
Beca's POV

I was just under the table, technically, not listening to whatever shit Jesse and my dad talking about.
Until something caught my attention.

"Hey have you seen Beca around campus? I tried calling her but she won't answer." I think my dad said.

"Uh, I didn't. I'm sorry, but I think she's just at her dorm. Maybe working on her mixes. Sometimes she just never go out of her dorm just to finish her mixes. She really loves music." Jesse said. I swear I could hear the nervousness on his voice.