Chapter 7: War is upon us

War is upon us

Demoro wakes up, seeing a woman caressing his face. She stares at him, apologising. She hasn't seen a warrior like him before. Demoro tries to move his body but can't only his head. She steps away but Demoro reaches out to her. She comes back and sits on his bed. Demoro stares to his right at the other people in the healing center. Feeling kind of awkward she tells Demoro she needs to be somewhere. He asks her if she can stay and tell him a story. Not sure what do say she tells him a story of the legendary warrior Oong.

Oong the greatest warrior in dragon clan history and the world. It was a battle unlike any other between the dragon and Lion clan. It was when all seemed lost hundred of warriors dead that a single warrior refused to give up. He was not the strongest by any means but refused to give up. with the dragon clan on the verge of being destroyed Oong possessed the power of the gods, tapping into dragon's rage. He was the first to ever do it. He fought off the Lion clan sending them back to their home. Oong later went around world to learn the techniques of all the other clans and teaching them what he learnt in return. He came back to the dragon clan teaching them how to tap into the dragon clan making us what we are today. It is said that he now lives in the land of the gods.

Demoro scuffed at her horrible story telling. He added saying there are no happy endings no one meets gods, only destruction. Demoro continued that the gods don't care because if they did there would only be peace. He told her what happened to his village and potentially what could happen to the world. Seeing the fear in her eyes he quickly changed the subject introducing himself as Demoro a monkey warrior. She did the same introducing herself as June a spirit healer of the dragon clan.

The King after the hard-fought battle thanked the warriors for a great battle. King Aaron walked to the top of the stands calling for all the warriors attention. He told them that he has some news. That a great war is upon them. Telling the warriors about Demoro and how the monkey village was destroyed. Adding he doesn't believe it and has sent his brother Lyle out to see if it's true. He informed them that the Drek Army is said to have thousands of warriors and carry a strong dark aura with them.

The warriors looked shocked with most of them never fighting a war. Only the elders who aren't currently active did. An elder warrior couldn't believe it, he remembered fighting the Drek. This created some commotion amongst the elders. The king quietened down quickly. Letting them know that the dragon warriors are amongst the strongest in the world and should not worry about pathetic pests. The king enforced the idea that no one will ever be able to destroy the dragon clan. The king told them to go home and inform their families of the news, he will let the whole clan know soon.

With Joster and a few warriors on the way to the Lion clan, Lyle with a group of warriors get close to the monkey village, following the map. Lyle and the warrior felt something different the closer they got to the monkey village. Looking ahead the village hidden in the forest, the forest was dead. Lyle followed the trail into the village where there was nothing. Burnt homes and fields. Lyle looked around it was as if the Drek knew they were coming and just disappeared. One of the warriors spotted a warrior calling the others to have a look. Lyle moved in closer when his horse neighed in a panic. Lyle tried calming the horse down but the horse continued. This got someone's attention as they heard people coming their way.

Soon Lyle and the warriors were surrounded by warriors. All the horses in fear tossed the warriors off their back leaving the warriors grouping together back-to-back. The horses ran in whatever direction they could. A warrior walked forward towards Lyle smiling. He introduced himself as Iven the leader of the Drek army.

Iven carried a staff with him resembling a wizard. Iven happy to see them saying he was prepared for their arrival. Iven asked the warriors if they felt terrified as he circled the group laughing. He asked whether they knew who their clan was. Lyle standing dead still and silent, nobody gave an answer. Iven told them we are the Drek, outcasts sent to the edge of the world with nothing to survive from. That his people died from hunger, disease, killed by insects and dangerous surroundings. Iven told them what he experienced as a child all those dying around him, no hope, no future just death. Till one day a god from above came down to him, telling him to restore the world and his people. Iven shouted it is his duty to for fill the doing of the god above. That they will take over the whole world. Bringing food, freedom, happiness to his people.

The God will help him in every step to achieve his goal, bringing him the best warriors the world has ever seen. Warriors that like us were mistreated and outcast by the world to perish. Iven asked the warriors if they fear. One of the dragon warriors interrupt Iven yelling "we are not here for your l story." The warrior attacked Iven with a punch, Iven catching his punch and laughed. Iven struck the warrior down with one hand hitting his gut and face with incredible force. As the dragon warrior fell to his knees Iven put his hand on his head. Iven told the other warriors to watch.

The warrior stood up, walked towards a tree bashing his head against it. As the other warriors and Lyle watched in shock. The warrior fell to the ground on his back with his face broken, he layed dead. As a dragon warrior yell out to his friend. The Drek army cheered with Iven celebrating in glory. Lyle looking around him seeing the Giant standing next to a countless amount of Drek warriors, Lyle noticed one of the warriors had Lion skin over his shoulder. Iven told the dragon warriors that unfortunately, this will be how they will die and one will be allowed to survive to warn the dragon clan of their arrival and experience endless torment.

The dragon warriors hearing this were disgusted tapping into their dragon's rage. All the warriors dashed to Iven at once. Iven swayed and turned as they blew by past him. Iven kicked the three from behind sending two flying into the trees. Leaving Lyle on his knees. Iven whispered to Lyle, "don't worry I like you". The other two warriors got to their feet as the Drek warriors watched. Iven showing no concern Lightly kick the two on the chest sending them back. Iven walking towards them, redirected their punches and kicks where the warriors hit eachother. Iven pushed them back separating the warriors. With the warriors bruised all over. The two warriors wanting to go all out on their next attack. The warriors run and close in on Iven with the Dragon's kick. Iven turn his body and redirected the attack to eachother. The dragon warriors collide sending eachother flying. Iven walked over to them one was dead clapping his hands. Iven walked up to the other who was alive. Iven congratulated the winner pulling him up. The warrior dangling Iven walked with him to Lyle who is in disbelief of what he just witnessed. Two higher-level warriors got completely destroyed without a sweat.

Lyle looked up to Iven and the warrior. Iven told Lyle to look up as Iven broke his neck and tossing him in the forest. Iven leaned over to Lyle telling him to let the king and the people know that their demise is coming. Iven told Lyle that there are already Drek warriors in the dragon clan and one of them are heading towards the Lion clan. Iven touched the head of Lyle, sending Lyle to scream. Lyle screaming as his hair fell out and skin began to burn. Iven kissed the head of Lyle telling him to go and tell them what happened.

Lyle stood up looking unrecognisable, holding his face looking lost and confused as he stumbles walking back home. Iven called for a drek warrior to get him a horse. The horse given to Iven in complete panic. Iven touched the horse and it became calm. Iven grabbed Lyle helping him onto the horse. Iven leading the horse to the direction of the dragon clan. Lyle holding his face looking days away from death travels back to the Dragon clan to let them know of the Drek army. Lyle screams on the horse for it all to stop. The horse charging to the Dragon clan.