Chapter 1: Conquerors

The Conquerors

Through the trees of the forest. The sound of silence was not known, the birds, insects singing their prayers and the wild boars trembling the grounds were not heard nor felt.

A man living on the outer part of the Monkey village, carrying a bucket walking towards the river felt a strange aura watching him through the forest. He realised there was no sound around him, just of the water flowing and nobody in site. He proceeded to walk towards the river staring into the forest. Feeling uneasy kneeling down slow, a strange feeling of fear struck his body. He looked around him, seeing if someone was watching him, nothing. He filled his bucket up quickly, jumping up to his feet. Relieved nothing terrible happened blowing a side of relief. With the breaking of the twig, he had his last glance, a figure of a warrior. All the man felt was fear, with a blink he took his last breath falling to the ground. With the water he collected flowing back to the river.

A village with a soft essence of enjoy and laughter flowing around. Not much troubles the people of the Monkey village. They live happy peaceful lives with honest practices. Family being of most importance to the clan. Never going outside the borders. With times being peaceful for over one hundred years there was never a need. The village haven't communicated with other clans for decades. Facing mass extinction hundreds of years ago, the Monkey village have been rebuilding themselves since. Now having a smaller village with around barely over a thousand people. With the foundation built from warriors and farmers leading the way.

A young boy by the name Idzika, on his way home walking with his friend Yamu and Yamu's father Dasa. Living on the outer part of the village, Idzika ran ahead to greet his family. Idzika screamed, finding his mother on the ground. The friend's father ran over quickly to help, Idzika's mother was dead. Idzika shocked walking dizzily with tearing in his eyes, he walked inside his home, seeing his family laying dead on ground. A figure emerged from the corner of his eye; it was his father. His father dashed towards him with a punch. Dasa jumped in to stop Idzika's father. Dasa told the boys to runs to the village for safety, and scream for help. As the boys ran other villages were confused, wondering what happened. The outer villages were majority farmers, as they looked towards Idzika's house. Dasa a warrior of the monkey village, being well versed in his art. Idzika's father a farmer not a warrior how did he become this strong keeping up with Dasa. Idzika's Father found an opening, attacking the throat of Dasa, watching him choke. Dasa holding his neck gasping for air. Idzika's Father walked over to Dasa, whispering in his ear "scream". Delivering Dasa a heavy punch in the gut breaking his spine. Forcing Dasa to let out a loud scream for the whole outer village to hear. Yamu, knew it was his fathers, as tears run down his face. Idzika Looked over at his friend terrified. As a villager looked to the forest seeing warriors in grey at the border walking towards them in the thousands. The outer villagers all ran in fear to the town.

Bells ringing the village is under attack. A gust of wind felt by the whole village changed the feeling and expression, from joyful to fearful. The ground shaking, a horde of crazed warriors runs into the village. Village folk struck by the fear a few stumbled, all left terrified. Striking down villagers standing in their path. The warriors of the monkey clan had to think fast and stand the ground to defend their people. Having not seen an attack like this for centuries, they left heavily unprepared. Fortunately, this was the village of Monkey having the unique ability to copy the skills of others by just watching them and gaining strength through the battle. A monkey warrior defending his family, pushing back the warriors in grey. Soon his was overcome by tens of warriors mauling him down. As the villagers hear, witness the death of their people and destruction of their village. Not being regular warriors, these are a fierce force with the darkest of auras, with the intent to destroy. As the warriors rally the battle begins.