Chapter 25: Demons

Start from the beginning

"Do you think they were after Midoriya Izuku, or they just caught him in the flow of things?"

"I think it was because he was an easy target."

"Since you believe she can move at the speed of light, theoretically, she could have taken anyone. If it really was a coincidence, then we must assume that A), her manifested power works only in her range of vision, or B), she was simply in a rush and just reacted, meaning she isn't as strong as she lets on."

"Seeing as she was able to arrive so quickly, and right on the beach too, only A makes sense. Unless, of course, he was targeted. I'll jot that down."

Aizawa raised his mug and took another sip of coffee just as he heard a scream in the distance. He stood up immediately, chair knocked to the floor.

I know that voice.

Radioactive POV

Heat was spreading across her back, centering at the nape of her neck. Radioactive was paralyzed, completely unable to move.

"Hey." A smooth, feminine voice, undoubtedly belonging to that fucking paralyzing motherfucker, got on her nerves immediately. "Guess you were too confidant. Gotta knock you down a few notches, yes?"

Anger was brewing within Radioactive. How. Dare. She.

"You might be wondering, 'who the fuck am I?'. Hmmm?" She said. "I'm Kyozo, or Mirror Image. Not the most suitable name for me, of course."

Radioactive clicked her tongue, the heat making even a simple action like that painful and exhausting. Her message was received: Get to the fucking point.

"Well, you see, 6 years ago, all our business was stolen by Shinigami. The Assassination Association was shut down completely. Over half of the assassins were caught on the streets because they were spending less time at HQ." She talks way to fucking much. Kyozo didn't seem to get the message though Radioactive's fuming. Or she did, but likes to see her suffer. Likely the second one. "Finally, only the best of us remained. That was when he reached out to us."

All for One. The defiant fire went out of Radioactive in a second.

Kyozo let out a shallow chuckle, seemingly satisfied with the reaction. "Well, let's get on point. Have you heard the mythology? The one that explains spiritual aging?"

Oh fuck no.

"Your spirit, Seishin, is what keeps you alive. However, with a flesh body comes negative energy, known as Don'yoku and Yoi, your demons" The shearing heat was getting around unbearable at this point. "Don'yoku is greed. It's the one-track human mindset of 'I want everything to go my way'."

Kyozo laughed airily, finger still pressed hard on the back of Radioactive's neck.

"Yoi, on the other hand, is the impulse to do what's best for the people around you. Both of these grind down on the Seishin until it's too weak to sustain your body." The corners of Radioactive's vision were blurring, and her body felt light.

"In the legend, well, if you conquer the demons, you'll live forever! That's obviously not true. Oh well." The bitch had the fucking audacity to laugh. "If you don't beat them, you simply die."

The world began to fade as the hand on her neck pushed. Black swarmed her vision.

The last thing she heard was Kyozo. Her light, airy facade crumbled, a bitter twist to her tone now. "Good luck, radioactive piece of trash."