Chapter 3

Chapter 3 ━━ Lullaby Of A Nightingale

If you desire more chapters, kindly click on the vote button below! Happy reading!

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━

After waiting for the longest, impatient ten seconds of Ravenna's life, Johanna finally opens her door. Johanna stares at her with disbelief, not daring to open her mouth to speak a word. 

"Jo, I know it's been a while. But I think I need your help." Ravenna nervously smiles, running her hand through her hair. A habit of hers when she's nervous. 

There is a possibility of Johanna kicking her out of the house for leaving her for no reason at all or there might be another chance of Ravenna's ex-girlfriend helping her with the kindness of her heart. 

For everyone's surprise, Johanna creaks open the door wide and motions her ex-girlfriend to step in. "Come on in." 

In the next hour, Ravenna finds herself explaining her supernatural incident to Johanna. The two of them are sitting on the coffee table, enjoying their drinks. Something they used to do when they were a pair.

"He blew frickin sand into their faces and poof! They were out for good." Ravenna throws her hands in the air dramatically before leaning back in her seat. "Am I possessed by some demon from hell?" 

"Sand?" Johanna raises an eyebrow with interest. "Did he own a pouch with sand? And a raven?" 

"How do you know?" 

"He's the sandman. I met him once very recently." 

"You did?" Ravenna's green eyes are now wide. She takes a sip from her drink. "He is after me and it is scaring the shit outta me. I don't have anything of him with me?" 

"Perhaps you do." 

"What are you implying?" 

"The mark on your wrist. I have been doing research on my own all this time." The exorcist says, walking into her bedroom. 

Ravenna looks down at the rune on her wrist. The mark she carries from birth. It almost looks like a tattoo but when it is observed close, one can see how it is slowly fading away. For some reason, it isn't as bright as it used to be. She frowns. "What is so special about it?" 

"I saw it on his wrist as well. I was curious." 

Ravenna was too lost in his steel blue eyes to notice anything else. She blames it on him for distracting her the way he does. "Oh. Did you find anything?" 

"It is a sort of a rune. A cursed one at that." Johanna states, returning with a book. More like a book that looks like a combination of a series of books. 

"Am I cursed?" 

"I am afraid you are." Johanna nods, setting the book on the table. "This is an extraction of the story of an ancient dark magic performer. Perhaps a thousand years ago. Give or take."