Chapter 2

Chapter 2 ━━ Midnight Crisis

Sadly, I am not British. My formal English is poor. But I'm trying, okay? If you find anything that need correction, please drop comment.

If you have any casting suggestions for Destiny(who you might think will suitable for the role), please drop a comment.

If you desire more chapters, kindly click on the vote button below! Happy reading!

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━

After bidding goodbye to her friend, Ravenna is on the way to her car. Even though there are a few cars still parked in the car park, there isn't anyone around as the night is consumed by the darkness. The stars are blinking down at her, reminding it is on or past midnight, meaning there is only a few hours remaining for her to sleep to start the next day. Maybe she should take a break from work tomorrow. Just as she unlocks her car, a voice behind her startles her. 

"I wish to speak to you." 

Letting out a small gasp with shock, she turns to find the same stranger with steel blue eyes standing. One hand on her chest, she breathes out to calm herself down. "Bloody hell, mate! You half scared me out of my wits!"

"I wish to speak to you." He repeats, taking a step closer. His hands are tucked deep in his jacket pockets. 

On instinct, she staggers one backwards. "Wish shall not be granted." 

A deep frown imprints on his jaw. He is tempted to hold her in his arms and crush her to his chest and never let go. But decides against it. Especially with the reaction of hers at the moment. "Ravenna-" 

"How do you know my name?" She chokes out, now terrified. Her back is pressed against the car door, desperately waiting for someone to show up. Anyone at the moment. She doesn't want to die yet. Not in an empty car park, by the hands of a stranger. She wishes to thrive in her life for many more years. 

Her imagination draws to the point where she pictures her mother mourning her only daughter's grave. Even how Cedric will react to her death. Will he even mourn for her? He probably will for three days and continue his fancy life, long forgetting her for alcohol. She will make her only goal to rise from death to hunt him down if he does forget her that soon. 

She almost snorts at her own thoughts right when she lands back on the land of consciousness. Back to the same car park where she is being cornered to her own car by a stranger with gorgeous steel blue eyes. 

As per hearing her prayers this once, two police officers show up, just to notice the encounter of the pair. 

"Anything wrong here?" 

The stranger doesn't move an inch. His eyes are still glued to her. "Nothing to be concerned of." 

"Yes, yes. Please help me." Ravenna nods her head frantically, practically pleading the two officers to save her. "He has been stalking me all night." 

"Stand away from the lady and put your hands in the air." One officer points his gun at her stalker in a warning tone. 

In the next second, the stranger in black takes a step back away, turning to the two officers for everyone's surprise. He is not completely facing his back to her, just enough for her to examine him. He is calm. Too calm for her liking. His eyes are now gleaming in an eerie way and it is freaking her out. According to her, he is sending psychopathic vibes. 

"Stay in the car, miss." The second police officer requests Ravenna, who gladly follows his command without a second thought before mumbling a thank you and also, not forgetting to lock the door. Safety comes first. 

"Hands in the air." The first police officer demands once again, still pointing his gun at the man. 

The stranger produces a pouch out of his jacket, pouring a handful of sand into his palm before blowing it on the faces of the two police officers, causing them to fall into the ground. Dead. Or just blacked out. She hopes for the latter. 

"Bloody hell." Ravenna's body moves before her mind where she brings the engine of the car to life in a hurry, just enough to bring the man's attention back to her. But before he reacts, she pushes on the gas with all the energy she has, escaping from the scene. 

She sighs in relief for a moment before watching from her side mirror to witness the stranger now staring at her speeding car. That is when a raven lands on his shoulder before the two disappear into a sand hurricane. 

Her eyes widen with fear before falling back to the road. Realisation hits her hard in the head. He is a demon. She somehow managed to pissed off a demon.

What a plot twist? She was celebrating a career achievement hours ago and now she is under the radar of a demon. 

She licks her dry lips, focusing on the road. If she has been pale before, she is a ghost now, her cheeks are completely blanched in color like someone sucked the life out of her. Her body is sweating. Her hands are shaking. Her mind is messed-up. Ravenna just hopes she will not crash her car with the pressure of her mind trying to hold up. 

She needs to find a way. Most likely find someone who is with power to help her situation. Someone she shares a past with. A person she kept avoiding for years by now. 

Johanna Constantine.