chapter 4

Jack sat at the table, cutting apart the kidneys with delicacy. He sighed, before taking a bite. He thought long and hard about what exactly he could or should do with the person now staying with him. He couldn't take them back. He couldn't abandon them. He couldn't eat them.

For some reason.

I guess we'll just have to...be roommates. He groaned. Jack never really wanted a roommate, not even when he was in college. He got lucky, his roommate was...decent enough, but he didn't really like sharing his personal space, a trait that did not abandon him when he became less human.

He finished his food, scooting his chair back and placing his plate and silverware in the sink and rinsing them off. He'd do dishes later.

He trudged over to his "roommate's" room, knocking and then opening the door after he heard a soft "hello?"

"What do you want," he asked, though it sounded more like a statement.

"What?" You stared at him, your voice a soft hush. A day since you had started being held here. You were still shaken and terrified.

"To eat. What do you want."

"Um," you thought, but began to imagine your capture eating people. You lost any appetite you had. "I'm not hungry."

"Just tell me what you want to eat. You need to eat." You needed a smoke, really badly, but we're too nervous to ask.

"Chinese, I guess."

"Good. I'll have a friend go get some." One of his friends. Great. You sighed and turned back towards the window, the only form of entertainment you had really had while locked in here. The window, you had realized, was deadlocked on the outside with a large lock. The only chance of escape you had would be to break it, but how far would you get if he heard you?

And where would you go?

"What's your name?" You were caught by surprise, turned to stare at the man. You opened your mouth, but did not speak. "Fuck, just tell me your name. You don't have to go into fucking shock every time I speak. It's obnoxious." Obnoxious? Was he serious?

"(Y/n)."

"Finally. I'm Jack." You just nodded, turning back to the window. "It's...well, not exactly nice meeting you. But you're okay."

"Thanks." You did not dare look at him, at his cold, dead, blue face.

"Look," you could feel the weight of the bed shift, and the loud creaking of someone tiring beside you. You're heart was beating so fast, you held your chest. "I don't want to keep you. But if i let you leave, you'll be arrested."

"I just want my friends," you cried, tears streamed down your face.

"You haven't showered." Jack ignored your cries "You may feel a bit better if you do. You're covered in dirt and blood."

"I just want my friends. I don't care about a shower."

"Just take one." He sighed. You turned towards him as he ran a hand through his dark, mahogany hair. "You need to change too. I'll have a friend pick up your clothes on their way to get your food."

"Okay."

"How are you feeling?" The question took you back. He had kidnapped you and murdered your friends, and now he was wondering how you were doing? The answer was pretty simple.

You did not respond.

"Okay, I'm gonna go make a call. Stay in here." You didn't plan on leaving anyway.

You continued staring at him as he stood up. When you imagined man-eating monsters, you pictured rotting zombies with flesh peeling. This guy was different however, and not really in a good way. He dressed in average attire: baggy black jeans and a gray hoodie with brown hiking boots. That was the only normal thing about him.