3 - Don't be so stupid

"I think I'm in love" Ianto replied.

"Don't be so stupid" Rhiannon said as she chuckled to herself and walked off to go to her room. "But-" Ianto tried to talk to her but was cut off by a slam of his sister's door followed by some slightly louder giggles.

From Ianto's perspective, Rhiannon had never been sympathetic towards Ianto. His mother had always said that she sees his dad in his sister's eyes. Now he knows why. It's because she's mean and selfish just like his dad. Months after months of getting laughed at for not being able to understand his maths homework and months after months of getting called a coward for not going on the climbing wall at his local park (eventhough she knows that he is scared of heights). Now this situation was the last straw for Ianto Jones. Them two - his dad and his sister - were so similar in Ianto's mind.

From Rhiannon's perspective, she had known for a while about Jack's crush on Ianto. For an even longer period of time, she knew about Ianto's crush on Jack. It was so funny to her that they were both deeply in love with each other yet they didn't even know it. She knew that Ianto never listened to her so she tried to use it to her advantage, trying to be the best wingman - well, wingwoman - she could.

* * * *

On the walk to school, Ianto was kicking himself that he didn't ask Jack on a date until he felt someone hold his hand. It felt warm and comforting but it wasn't as big as Ianto expected Jack's hand would be. That's because it wasn't Jack, it was his friend Bella. She was smiling at him happily, almost blushing, as she stared up at him. Beaded bracelets fell neatly on her wrist, with the coloured beads resembling omnisexual colours. They seemed to fall down her arm like autumn leaves falling from a tree as she reached her hands up and ran over to hug Mae.

Bella returned back to holding Ianto's hand after she hugged a now suprised (from being caught off guard) Mae. Ianto looked up at Jack, who had been walking up with them, as he looked slightly jealous? 'No, he couldn't be. Bella was just my friend and he knew that. Anyway, Jack was the popular kid, the good looking kid, the confident kid who wouldn't dare love someone like me. Would he?' Ianto thought.

The thoughts eneded as soon as they started, especially when Ianto looked away from Jack and back at his friends and simply smiled. He had just made Jack jealous.

* * * *

Jack sat next to Ianto in form, like he normally did, and talked about whatever lessons they had that day, like they normally did.

"So um...". Jack coughed, trying to hide his hitched breathing and a vibrant red colour that has painted itself onto Jack's face. "What lessons do you have today?" Ianto seised the opportunity to ask since Jack was stalling to ask. "I have maths, history, english, sports science and lastly science". Jack said, managing to steady his breathing. "Don't you have science then sports science today?" Ianto asked as a matter of certainty. Jack grabbed his planner and took out his timetable to check if Ianto was right, he wasn't sure why he was checking as he was usually right. Perhaps, it was to hide the blush on his face or to allow Ianto to have the satisfaction of being right. Ianto probably knew Jack's timetable off by heart but he still asked everyday as he liked routine and it meant that he got to talk to Jack more. "Oh yeah. I guess I do" Jack laughed nervously.

Ianto put his hand on Jack's leg and started to run his hands towards his inner thigh slowly. "Are you ok? You seem a bit off" Ianto said, still running his hand up and down his leg to reassure Jack that he was there to listen, no matter what the problem was.

Jack froze at Ianto's touch. He was normally the confident one, who could control his feelings, but somehow around Ianto he just lost all control. This was clearly shown through the blush that had deepened and spread across his face. "I- umm..." Jack swallowed hard as he mouth suddenly became dry. "I'm f-fine" Jack blurted out, a bit faster that he anticipated.

They made eye contact with each other. Their feelings for each other flowed into one powerful emotion that was hard to fight back. They looked lovingly into each other's eyes that shone so beautifully in the light. A smile shared across their faces as they shuffled closer together, if that was even possible. Their hearts beated so loud that they swore the other person could hear it.

They were both aiming for one thing. One thing to make them feel complete. They were both aiming for a hand to hold, a lip to come in contact with, a warm embrace or literally anything that would confirm their love for each other. They knew they loved each other. They must have known. They were basically drooling over each other.

Nothing else mattered. Not the people loudly chatting in the classroom, not the laughter from others as they share a funny joke and especially not the staring from their friends. Only the two of them mattered in that precious moment.

"Quiet down class so I can do the register" Mr B stated, shouting over the crowd of children as he smiled at Jack and Ianto. They all listened, either because he was shouting or because their friends had stopped talking to them, and the room fell silent. Mr B thanked the class and soon finished the register, whilst making a mental note of keeping Jack and Ianto sat together next year.

Can we all just appreciate Mr B for a second please, isn't he so cute? I love him but also he did kinda ruin the moment. But don't worry, they'll get-
Nevermind, you'll just have to read on to find out.

~ Ryhs