9 - The Piggyback

Three and the others were in the RV going over the plan one last time, ready to go back into the Upside-down through the gate in Eddie's trailer.

"Okay, I wanna run through it one more time." Nancy stated. "Phase one."

"We meet Erica and the playground." Robin replied. "She'll signal Max and Lucas when we're ready."

"Phase two." Nancy said.

"Max baits Vecna." Three muttered.

"He'll go after her, which will put him in his trance." Steve added.

"Phase three?" Nancy asked.

"Me, Eris and Eddie draw the bats away." Dustin stated.

"Four."

"We head into Vecna's newly bat-free lair, and... flambé." Robin stated, shaking the bottle.

"Nobody moves onto the next phase until we've all copied. Nobody deviates from the plan, no matter what." Nancy instructed. "Got it?"

"Got it." They all mumbled.

Three grabbed her shield, not needing a spear as they headed to Eddie's trailer. They all got in, Steve ready to get through.

"Be careful." Dustin stated.

"Thanks, buddy." Steve smiled. "Here goes nothing."

Steve climbed up and through the gate, managing flip slightly and land on his feet. Steve shrugged, looking up/down at them.

"What does he want us to do, applaud?" Robin muttered sarcastically.

"Nah. Probably just a celebration." Three joked as Steve pulled a mattress under the gate.

"All right, let's go." Steve stated, moving out the way.

Nancy climbed through first and they then dropped some of the weapons. Eddie then went through, the shields being sent through after.

Three and Dustin got the rest of the weapons in, Three letting the younger boy first before she climbed through.

Three grabbed her shield as the others got their stuff, heading outside to wave Robin, Steve and Nancy away to kill Vecna.

"Hey, guys, listen." Steve stopped, turning to the trio. "If things here start to go south, I mean, at all, you abort. Okay? Draw the attention of the bats. Keep 'em busy for s minute or two. We'll take care of Vecna. Don't try ro be cute or be a hero or something. Especially you, Three. Okay, you guys are just–"

"Decoys." Dustin spoke with Steve.

"Don't worry Steve, you can be the hero." Three teased making him smile.

"Absolutely, I mean, look at us. Not Three, of course." Eddie stated. "We are not heroes." As Steve began to walk away, Eddie took a step forwards. "Hey, Steve? Make him pay."

The trio immediately got to work. They began to protect the trailer, placing metal sheets around it like Dustin had done with the bus.

Three broke the fence with her powers, helping the boys make the trailer secure.

They worked for about 20 minutes, being as quick and efficient as they could in the time they had.

"Not bad." Eddie smiled.

"Not bad at all." Dustin agreed.

"Yeah, we done pretty well." Three chuckled.