New Friendships

A/n: Major thanks to m0nr0e for the inspiration in this chapter, if any of you have ideas/suggestions, please tell me cause I would love to include them. Don't mind the fact that I didn't use alphabetical order during the sorting ceremony :D

After they finished their shopping, they made their way back to the place Professor Dumbledore intended for them to meet up. Tom and Aurelia hadn't let go of their newly acquired wands once. They adored the feeling of power they had whenever they had them.

"What subject are you looking forward to?" Tom asked. He looked forward to learning all subjects, all of them included magic after all. Nonetheless, he was curious to what would peak his friend's interest.

"I'm looking forward to learning Charms, what about you Tom?"

"I'm looking forward to learning all subjects"

"Knowing you, you'd also ace them all" she chuckled

"Not to worry, I'll help you in any subject you struggle in" Tom smiled. He knew she'd ace her subjects too. He didn't befriend idiots.

*major time skip to the train*

Tom and Aurelia were ecstatic, they would have months away from the orphanage and would get to spend their time at a magical school. As they fought their way through the crowds, they saw platforms 9 and 10. But their tickets showed platform 9 3/4.

They looked at each other completely baffled. Tom walked towards a guard nearby. "Pardon me sir, but do you know where we could find platform 9 3/4?"

The guard smiled. "You two must be first years, you're lucky you came to me instead of a normal guard. Just run straight into the wall between platforms 9 and 10"

Tom was about to complain to Aurelia that the guard was insane until he saw that she was no longer by his side. Instead, she was running straight into the wall. He was about to yell until he saw her dissapear through the wall. With wide eyes, he turned to question the guard, but he was gone too. Did everyone in the wizarding world like to vanish?!

With a deep breath, he tan towards the wall expecting to end up insanely injured. But the impact he expected never came. When he opened his eyes he saw dozens of families and big red train with the words "Hogwarts Express".

"What took you so long" Aurelia snickered.

Tom merely rolled his eyes and grabbed her hand. As they walked through the train, they fortunately managed to find an empty compartment. They say down and began to excitedly talk about the upcoming school year.

"What house do you think you'll be in?" Aurelia asked. Dumbledore filled them in on the houses when they met up with him again at Diagon Alley.

"Slytherin. I want to be a Slytherin"

"What do you think would happen if we got separate houses? I heard the Gryffindor and Slytherin have quite the rivalry" she mused.

Tom hadn't thought about that. He still wanted to be friends with her of course, there was no doubt about that. But what would his fellow Slytherins think about him? No one would respect him, and that was the exact opposite of what he wanted.

"I'll make sure you're a Slytherin" Tom casually replied as if it was the easiest thing in the world. She shrugged off his answer and rested her head on his shoulder. Whatever house they got, she would still make efforts to be his best friend.

After the long train ride, the two just wanted to cuddle in bed for the rest of the night. As they stepped out of the train, they (along with the rest of the first years) were greeted with grumpy looking old man. He introduced himself as Ogg to the children and proceeded to lead them towards the boats.