Boom

Logan sat in stunned silence as I finished explaining every aspect of my plan; right down to the final detail. Never had he expected this to be how the evening ended. Never had he expected my willingness to protect my family.

Never had he imagined I would sacrifice myself.

As the car pulled up outside the deserted mansion, his broken hearted face turned towards me. Holding out his hand, a small smile graced his lips.

"Together."

That signal word held no room for argument. Logan would not let me go through this alone. As always, he'd be there for me when I needed him.

Taking his hand, we climbed out of the car and walked up the dooming stairs to the entrance. Instantly, guards guided us to a ballroom, where they stood.

Never had he looked so handsome and grown up. The years had been torturous but generous to Xavier. His facial hair had fully grown in, leaving him with a neatly trimmed beard, his black hair hadn't changed however, he still had it long on top and shaved at the sides. Those mesmerising eyes staring at me longingly and regretfully. Dressed in an ironed black suit, his tattoos visually as they covered every inch of skin besides his face. Some even traveled to the sides of his head were the hair had barely grown. The scars that littered the majority of him were painfully obvious, the ones that weren't covered by tattoos were pink and beautiful contrast to his sun kissed skin.

The woman next to him, her bleach blonde hair and murderous blue eyes. The seething smirk on her face offered promises of violence and revenge. Her suit was a stainless white and buttoned up, a gun in her right hand.

"Liviana Vitale." Her sickly sweet voice broke the silence.

"Alexia Chekhov." I glared at the woman before me.

All the pain she had caused Xavier. Physically he looked impeccable, since scars are common for mafia men and assassins. But mentally, I could see him as a shell of who he was. There was nothing but pieces left of the love of my life.

And this bitch did everything to him as revenge. Or I guess in her eyes, it was justice. Justice for the torture, the misery, the agony I caused her family.

Alec her son, Alexi her brother, and every single Russian I murderers.

"I must say, you look better now that you're not being beaten and starved." Alexia smirked, an evil glint in her eyes.

"And you look better not hooked on heroine." I replied, watching as her smirk turned into a frown.

"Yes well, we all have our ups and downs in life. I mean, take Xavier here for example: what happened to the sweet, sarcastic romantic. He's now a ruthless, vicious murderer who is at my beck and call." I saw the remainder of Xavier's dignity break away at her words.

"What deal do you offer Alexia, I'm an inpatient woman." I deadpanned, but really I was desperate to get Logan and Xavier out of her before time ran out.

"Your life for Xavier's."

I could see Xavier going to speak, but it was as if the words were snatched out of his mouth as he retreated back into his shell.

"Done."

I watched as she pushed Xavier forward, and I took steps towards her.

"Wait." Logan spoke.

"What?" Alexia groaned.

"No." I snapped.

"Think about this Alexia, Liv is a selfless woman. She would be happy dying knowing she was keeping those she loved safe. But killing me? I have been the father of her child for years, her partner for years, her friend for years. You really want to break her, then take me." Logan pleaded desperately.

"Logan no!" I yelled, because every single word he said, was undoubtedly true.

"Come here, guards, throw the two of them out." Instantly, guards had ahold of Xavier and I, and began dragging us out of the building.

The entire time I shouted and screamed for Logan. Because, even though we knew I would always be Xavier's, Logan is my closest friend, maybe even more than Callie and Megan.

We were thrown into our car and had guns pointed at us as we driver away.

"TURN BACK!" I demanded to the drivers.

"I am sorry Miss Vitale, but we are under orders from Logan." The driver responded, continuing down the road as the mansion became smaller and smaller.

Then, in the blink of an eye, the mansion was nothing more than a ball of flames. Bricks and wood was flying everywhere as the fire seared the remains of the building.

A cry escaped my lips, and an insanely strong pair of arms pulled me into a rock solid chest. I let Xavier hold me close as I cried for Logan. But I welcomed the warmth that only Xavier could give.

Logan had died a hero, like he knew he would. I should've known he had a back up plan, he always did. I should've known he'd caught onto my plan, he knew me far too well.

And I should've known he'd sacrifice himself for me, because while it was unrequited, Logan loved me with all he had.

And because of him, I am reunited with Xavier and alive, heading home to my son and family.

My family who will no doubt kill me for keeping them out of the loop...