XIX

"Where are we going?" Ezra giggled as Jasper led her somewhere. He had his hands over her eyes, not trusting a blindfold to do the job.

"We're almost there, darlin. Just a few more steps." He pulled her to a stop, Ezra placing her hands on his wrists. "You ready?"

"The suspense is killing me!" She groaned, Jasper chuckling as he removed his hands. Ezra gasped as she stared at the clearing, a blanket laid down as a sheet was hung up from the trees. There was a picnic basket at one end, plates and cups next to it.

Fairy lights were strung up along the branches, lighting up the darkening area. And there was a banner hanging up right above it.

"Oh my god." Ezra whispered as she turned to Jasper, who was down on one knee.

"Please." The banner had 'will you marry me?' written on it, Jasper opening the box in his hands. "Even if we're already guaranteed to spend the rest of our lives together, I will have as many weddings with you as you want. And I will say 'I do' as many times as it takes. So, Ezra Reese Swan, will you marry me?"

"Yes!" Ezra happily said, tears falling down her cheeks as Jasper slid the ring onto her finger. "You could've proposed with a ring pop and I would've still said yes!"

"I'll remember that for next time." He said as he stood up, pulling her into a kiss. "Let's finish the date."

"I'm so happy."

"Y'know

"Y'know." They were laying in his bed, Jasper's head on her chest as they watched TV. "Technically I proposed first..."

"Well, I'd like to say my way takes the cake." He cheekily replied, Ezra laughing as she placed a kiss on his head. A knock sounded on the door, Jasper pulling the cover over Ezra's chest. "Come in."

"Can I plan the wedding?" Alice excitedly asked, the family filing into the room. The couple looked at each other, humming in thought before shrugging. "Yes! It'll be the best surprise ever!"

"Oh god, not again." Ezra groaned, the family laughing as Rosalie came up and sat next to her.

"So, who's gonna be the flower girl?"

"Obviously Finn." Ezra replied. "She's able to crawl. Mama says she's growing up so fast. Charlie's getting used to her trying to walk."

"Right, she is a supernatural being after all." Carlisle remarked, Alice and Esme talking Jasper's ear off about certain things they would like at the wedding. She had called Quinn and Charlie on their drive in from the date, happily telling them the news.

"And adorable as ever!" Alice squealed, her eyes glazing over as she went into a vision. Edward perked up, a small smile dancing on his lips. "Lots and lots of surprises in the future!"

"All right, let's leave them alone." Emmett said, grinning. "They're probably exhausted from their activities."

"Shut up." Ezra muttered as she threw a pillow at him, the man booming with laughter. The family told them good night as they left, closing the door behind them. "Should I turn the TV off?"

"No, it's fine." Jasper mumbled as he nuzzled his face on her chest, yawning. "I can sleep with it on."

"All right. I love you." He smiled tiredly, his eyes slipping closed as his body warmed.

"I love you, too."