X

Ezra was walking towards the Cullen house, not faltering in step when Laurent walked out of the door. She stopped in front of him, her eyes back to that glowing gold as she stared him down.

"He came to warn us about James." Carlisle said, Ezra nodding slightly as she waited for the man in front of her to speak.

"I've grown tired of his games." Something about her eyes shook him, a lump in his throat as he spoke. He wanted to look away, but his senses were heightened. Almost as if she were the predator. "But he's got unparalleled senses. Absolutely lethal. I've never seen anything like him in three hundred years.."

He trailed off, the lump in his throat becoming painful as he started to visibly shake. He wondered how James felt when she was staring at him like this.

"And that woman, Victoria, will back him. Don't underestimate her." They shouldn't have underestimated the girl standing in front of him. "I am truly sorry....for what has been unleashed here."

And finally he felt a large weight lift off of him once her eyes faded to their natural color, turning and walking into the forest before she could do it again. She walked into the house, Carlisle looking at two of his children in disbelief.

"...we should talk Emmett out of challenging her." He spoke, the two nodding as they walked into the house. Bella scrambled after them, not wanting to be left alone. They went through the side door, heading into the garage and flicking on the lights.

Bella's mouth practically watered as everyone besides Rosalie sprung into action, running her fingers over the nearest car.

"I've had to fight our kind before." Jasper said, looking over at Ezra. He had told her the story behind his scars already, and she nodded to show that she remembered. "We are hard to kill."

"But it's not impossible! We'll tear him apart!" Emmett shouted as he grinned, Ezra smiling and pointing at him.

"I like the way you think, big guy."

"We'll rip him apart with our hands, then burn the rest of him to pieces." He continued, the two of them high fiving.

"I don't relish in killing another creature." Carlisle said, shooting them a look. "Even a sadist like James."

"Don't you eat Bambi for breakfast?" Ezra asked, earning a laugh from the coven as Carlisle nudged her.

"Touché."

"If he doesn't get one of us first." Rosalie said, Bella perking up as she thought of a way to get attention.

"This is insane." Everyone went quiet when she spoke, Jasper and Rosalie rolling their eyes and crossing their arms. "You can't put yourselves in danger like this....for me..."

That earned another laugh, Emmett leaning on Ezra as they both nearly fell on the floor. Bella looked at them in embarrassment and confusion.

"We didn't ask to save you, dumbass." Rosalie snapped, still chuckling a bit at the lame attempt to get their attention. "The only person I am willing to save is Ezra, because she's my best friend."

"Cough wife she meant wife cough." Ezra said, her and Emmett cracking up again.

"I'll run Ezzie and Isabella south. You guys lead him away." Jasper said as the two sisters climbed into the car, Ezra rolling down her window and giving him a look.

"No." Carlisle immediately said when he went to climb into the car, catching Ezra's look. "The tracker thinks you won't leave her. He'll follow you."

"I'll go with them." Alice stepped up, Jasper looking between her and Ezra. "Edward and I will drive them south. We'll keep her safe."