Gassed

The slow and steady beep of the heart monitor creeped into Luke's brain and thumped against his skull. With ever beat his heart dropped.

His eyes squinted open into slits in his head. Light from the pink dawn skimmed the room and flooded over Randle's white hospital sheets. His head was turned the other way and all Luke could make out was brown, matted tangles of hair fluffing out from under the covers.

Willow sat in an old, hicory wooden rocking chair, facing toward the window. Her long, dark hair cascaded down the side of her face and over her shoulder. Bits of sunlight splashed over her eyelashes to reveal their stunning length. Her eyes were shut peacefully and just looking at her made Luke crave you. He wished that it was you sitting in that chair so he could go over, pull the hair back from your face and kiss you. Well, it isn't her. Stop making yourself upset by imagining it is.

He made his face stern so it showed little emotion.

Next to Randle, Madeline sat on the bed with her hand placed on his hand. Her eyes were bloodshot and dark circles hung below them.

I guess she didn't sleep.

A light knock interrupted Luke's staring.

"Hello?" Someone whispered and then creeked open the door.

"Bryton!" Madeline jumped from the bed and rand to him. He took her into his arms.

"Shhhh. Willow is still asleep," Luke's morning voice crackled.

Gimping into the room, Connor made his way over to the bench Luke was sitting on. He plopped down next to him. "Hey, man. We got here as soon as we could. Willow called and told us everything last night." White, pearly teeth sparkled as he grinned.

"Sorry I didn't call you myself. Things have just been so crazy and I'm still trying to wrap my brain around reality....if that makes sense." Luke replied sheepishly. He could just imagine his apperance; hair a mess, dry drool hanging from the corner of his mouth, and morning breath galore.

"Trust me, I get where you're coming from." He leaned back against the wall, propping his leg against the space available on the bench. "This bad boy is sprained and my jaw was knocked out of place, but Bryton was more than happy to fix that." He glared at Bryton, who smirked back.

"Ooooh," Randle moaned from the hospital bed and tossed over to lay flat on his back. Sweat glistened on his brow.

Everyone sprung up and gathered around the bed to see what was happening. Connor and Willow were the only ones to remain still.

"Randle?!" Madeline sat close to him and intently satred at his eyes, waiting for them to open.

Slowly, his eyes twitched and then opened to a squint. Everyone looked at him curiously.

"For crying out loud, stop staring like that you little weirdos!" Randle gace them a disgusted glare and we chuckled.

"What the hell are these?!" He pulled the cords connecting to his arm off and threw off the hospital blankets, putting his feet down on the cold floor.

He is definately okay.

Willow's eyes shot open at Randle's outburst. "R-Randle?"

"Lets get out of here!" Randle was about to walk out the door a nurse stopped him.

"Sir! Please, get back in bed! We still have to check your...."

"Ma'am, you don't need to check nothin'," he gingerly pushed past her.

"You definatley need to check your grammar....," she mumbled angerly and pushed a red button to her left of the wall.

"We have an experiment on the lose!" Her voice echoed through the halls and a siren was sounded.