"What happens to you now?" I whispered.

She sighed but it was a happy relaxed sound. "I'm not sure... But, I'll see you again. I'm sure I will. You'll know it's me." She hovered back. "You're lucky to have Gabriel. Tell my parents I love them. Tell Joshy, I love him and he can have my TV. Plus he's a dork." She chuckled and smiled at me. "Stay strong, Alex." Her image started to slowly disintegrate into small sparkling particles...

I opened my eyes. 

Gabriel was watching me carefully. But as soon as I wrapped my arms around his neck he relaxed into it and hugged me. "You saw her."

I nodded.

"Not a lot of angels can contact the souls." He mumbled against my neck. "But I knew if you saw her it'd make you feel better."

I pulled back. "I need to speak to her parents."

He frowned. "I don't know if that's a good idea."

"Please. She wants me to tell them that she loves them."

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Alright."

A burst of energy gained my attention but I pretended to pay no attention to it. "Go on in. I'll be there in a minute."

Gabriel nodded and kissed my forehead. He walked through the cemetery and into the building next to the church. I put my hand on the headstone and watched the trees waiting for him to come out.

Cameron stepped out of the trees. He was wearing jeans and a White shirt. He walked out of the trees and toward me. I stayed still and turned to the headstone.

He stopped next to me and looked down. "You called me when you called everyone on Sunday. I didn't make myself known. I wasn't sure what your reaction would be."

I nodded. "I know. I felt you."

We remained silent as we stared at the headstone. I glanced at him from the corner of my eye. His white shirt was clean cut, two buttons undone at the top, and black faded jeans. His hair was uncombed and there was slight stubble on his cheeks.

"How are you?" I found myself saying.

He looked up at me and smiled. "Shouldn't I be asking you that question?"

I shrugged. "I couldn't possibly be any worse than this."

He shifted in his spot. I could hear him thinking. I wasn't trying to hear him but it seemed like a slip...

"You want to comfort me..." I said softly.

"Yes," He said without hesitation. "And I don't care if you don't let me." He turned me around and pulled into his chest. At first I remained still. Being with him almost ruined Gabriel and I. What if it happened again?

I briefly lifted my arms and hugged him back. I pulled back a little and smiled half-heartedly. "Thanks."

"No problem." Before he stepped away his hands moved up and down my back. At first it was in a slow comforting way but then he paused and did it again as if feeling something... 

But then I remembered.  

His finger traced the two forming lines on my back.

"Are you...?" His voice almost cracked.

I laughed and stepped back. "Yes. My wings... My final change... Time flies by doesn't it, Cam?" I glanced toward the building. "I have to go."

He nodded but I could tell he had so much to say. I rested my hand on his arm. "I'll see you again soon. But it's not a promise."