~A Bad Father ? (Part.Dos) :

•Chapter 18.

________________

[ Three Days Later ]

"So, why are you here this morning ? " She asked adjusting her glasses on her nose.

He shrugged, "I don't really know. I need...uh...answers."

"Answers ? About what ? "

He bit on his bottom lip thinking, "I...I'm...Uh...Lately, I'm really angry for some reason that is unknown to me. Like, it came to the point where I can't even talk to my own son."

"Why can't you talk to him ? " She continued her interrogation.

"I don't know. Just seeing him lately brings so much anger inside of me. It's the first time ever that happens to me. I don't know what's going on with me."

She nodded writing on her notepad, "Did he do something for you to be that mad at him ? "

"Uh...yes." He answered wondering where this conversation was leading them. He didn't know if it was a good idea to talk with a therapist, but what could he you do other than that ? He couldn't explain his own feelings, thoughts and emotions right now. He needed professional help.

"What did he do for you to feel this way towards him ? "

Richard hummed rubbing his chin, "He disappointed me." He responded honestly.

"Oh...How ? "

He took a deep breath, "Since the fucked up relationship I had with my father who, by the way was abusing my mother to the point where he killed her, I always promised myself to become a better father. This job is not easy and you need a lot patience, motivation and dedication for that. Love too, but for me it's the easiest part of all of it. I had raised my son with my wife for him to become a respectable man one day and these past few weeks, he's been acting out of control. I wondered if I messed up, but then when I really thought about it...I don't think so. I mean, I did everything for him to have a good life. A cozy house, he's spoiled since he's little. But then, I always taught him the ethics. A parent can only guide his child and more the years passed by and more the child gets freedom to become his own person. Lately, he disappointed me in the person he's becoming."

"What is he doing that is so disappointing ? "

"He drinks, smokes, sneaks out of the house and that's the only thing that I know about, but I'm sure there is more."

"How so ? "

Richard chuckled shaking his head, "He's just like me."

She narrowed her eyes at him, "What do you mean ? "