27. Getting Closer

He pulls me into a hug and I don't feel like pushing him off. I wrap my hands around him and the tears just keeps flowing. Now I know why he want to help me...because he knew something was wrong with me from the beginning. Couldn't he just say that?

My legs feel so weak.

I wasn't myself and he knew it. He could've just thought that, that was the real me and I was pretending all along to be a good woman when I was really a bitch, and just took advantage of it, but instead he truly believed that something was wrong with me.

I find myself hanging on to his neck after he lifts me bridal style and starts moving. I can feel that I really want to sleep. I can also feel that I'm sweating.

***

I open my eyes and they meet the ceiling. They are a bit blurry but they manage to clear up after a few rolls and blinks. I am laying on my back. Last night flashes back to me and I can't help but to feel awkward in my gut.

For some reason I can feel a presence beside me. When I turn my head I see Lucifer laying beside me with his eyes close. He's laying on his back and his left hand resting on his forehead.

What?

What is he doing here in my bed? I take a closer look at him, he's in the same clothes from last night.

Before I assume anything I think back on last night.

He carries me to my room then rest me on the bed. I don't feel like sleeping by myself, I really don't.

"Can you please stay with me?" I look up at him standing beside my bed gazing down at me. I know that I did not trust him before, but I am beginning to after remembering what happened. What if I have some sort of breakdown, no one will be here to help me immediately. I am not one who likes to depend on anyone, but in this case I want what's best for me.

Isn't he going to answer me? It is very hard to deal with a quiet man such as himself. I can't stand it!

"Are you sure?"

"Don't you trust yourself?" I just don't want to be alone.

He takes the cover and put it over me. Watching him covering me makes me feel as when my father used to do it. I can never say he's like a father figure, he's not much older than I am. But it's like I can feel that he cares. I could feel the love my father had for me, and it's like I can feel that love radiating from him. I don't know.

I'm full blown drunk. Yup I definitely am because this reading I'm getting from him couldn't be right, and I won't get my head there. I don't think I can ever fully trust him until he fully opens up to me. I can feel that there are more that he needs to tell me.

When our eyes meets he quickly avert his.

"I trust myself more than anyone. I will be here Miss George don't worry" Maybe that's the reason he's so reserve, he can't trust anyone. I can be trusted.