25. He Said Yes

I watch as Lucifer gives Harrison a death glare. Harrison just has a simple expression looking right back at him with his hands in his pockets. I'm aware that Samuel did a horrible thing me but Harrison did nothing to me. There's no need to treat him like that, plus I thought both of them were closer than this.

"I'm here to see Christina is that a problem?" Lucifer looks at me. I keep looking at him waiting for him to respond.

"It's getting late and we need to get home" Harrison frown and look at me then back him.

"Home? Both of you live together now? Is she your girlfriend?"

"Of course not" I quickly reponds. Why would he tell him that I'm staying with him? Couldn't he just say he's giving me a ride or something else? What if Harrison says it to someone then everyone finds out and it's all over the news?

I just don't need the attention especially that someone is out there trying to kill me.

Knowing that I have powers makes me feel as if I'll be able to handle whoever is after me, but what kinda scares me is that I don't have all my memories plus I don't know if I'll be strong enough because I cannot control my powers yet. To add to that I don't know if that person has powers as well. But that is not the issue at this very moment.

By the way Harrison is looking at me I can tell he doesn't believe me. I don't owe him any explanation.

"I will think about your offer" With that I step off towards the car. The car makes a sound and I know Lucifer had touched the botton for me to be able to open the car. I sit in the back and look to see him still talking to Harrison in a rough manner. After he said something, Harrison did not respond and Lucifer just steps off.

Lucifer get in and start the car. I look back to see Harrison but he's already walking to his vehicle.

"What's your problem? I don't need your protection from everyone, you're not my brother" I look at his face in the rear view mirror and it changes from stern to blank.

He just sits there not saying anything to me and it's making me angry.

"Aren't you going to say something!? What's with you being so quiet you have a fucking mouth so speak!" I'm tired of this!

"How do you expect me to trust you when you're hiding things from me! You know what, I don't need your protection" I pull the door to get out. I'm going home!

"Stop!"

I have one foot out, but stop before putting the next one out.

"Shut the door and get in" I scrunch my eyebrows. Who does he thinks he's talking to like that? I step out and slam the door shut. I walk off and head towards the bus stop to take a drive home. I cannot accept being spoken to like that.

I curse at him because I'm upset and have all right to be, but he doesn't have the right to talk to me in that manner, I'm not one of those women.

There aren't many people left on the compound and the few that are seems to be minding their own business hurrying to go home. I see his Rolls-Royce now driving beside me and he wines the passenger window down.

"Miss George stop behaving so childish" I'm behaving childish is he serious? I ignore him and walk even faster. It sound as if he stops the car but I'm not going to look back. I hear the door shut and that's when I look back and see him rushing on foot towards me. What?

"Just stop Christina!" He grabs my hand and it surprises me. I stop and he stops in front of me still holding on to my hand.

"Please get in" I feel like dragging my hand out of his but it's like I can't move it. The looks in his eyes kinda softens me especially that it looks so pleading.

"I cannot trust you if you don't want to talk to me and it makes me uncomfortable. I just want to go home" I tell him softly.

"I will tell you all that you need to know tonight. I promise" He let go of my hand. I'm here wondering if he's really going to just answer all my questions.

"I need all my questions answered" He reluctantly nods and that makes me frown.

"I'm serious...I will answer your questions" He adds. I will take it that he's just nervous about talking about it. He may be a powerful and serious man, but I notice that he can also be soft no matter how rough he may appear.

I agree with a nod and get back in the car.

***

After we reached his property and he parked, we agreed to meet on his back porch to have dinner and to get the answers to my questions. Miss Leona already cooked and I just changed into something comfortable. I did not get a tour of his house, so miss Leona showed me where to find the back porch. He did not waited for me there, instead he waited for me in the house so both of us could walk there together.

I really don't know what to think about this. He's just too much of a different person when he's home from work, but I like the Lucifer he is at home.

Before he sit I take a look at his attire. He's in a white shorts just half way on his knees, a tight white Marina showing his firm biceps and white Nike slippers. He looks at me before he sits. He smiles at me but I'm not sure why. There's something really charming about his smile, but what I need to really focus on right now are my questions.

There's also a huge pool around here down there with bright white lights all around it, but one would need to walk down the outside stairs to reach it.

I want to see the doctor to check if I'm still a virgin, but tonight I will know for sure. I don't know how my reaction will be during or after this conversation.

"You can eat you know" I look at my plate and remove the covering. It's mashed potatoes with barbecue chicken, pasta and some green vegetables, and I'm certain the drink is a pina colada. I taste it and realise that it's non-virgin. I can taste the rum in it.

He dips in his plate and while chewing he keeps looking at me. He gaze is soft and welcoming and again he looks as if the weight of the world is off him.

"Why do you look so calm at home but so fierce at work?" It shouldn't have been my first question but I am curious.

He put his fork on his plate, the knife is there too but he seems more comfortable eating without it. He fold his arms and rest it on the edge of the table.

"Running a company takes a lot out of someone"

"So you're saying that your stressed whenever your at work?"

"Not always" Oh.

I start on the vegetables.

"About today I'm sorry for how I spoke to you. I sometimes don't have control over the words that comes out of my mouth or the way I say them" I look up at him in astonishment. He actually gave me an apology.

Wow.

"I get that, but try controlling yourself because I don't like to be spoken to that way" Maybe I shouldn't have used expletive at him but he's just too reserved. He needs to just loosen up. What caused him to be this way?

"I can see that" I don't know but this person sitting before me is so different from the one I've come to know. No I won't get carried away. I need to know if we slept together.

"That room in your office, I know I was there before. Did we...have sex there? I cannot remember completely, but I do remember some things" He leans back in his chair. His expressing changing and he starts looking uncomfortable. It's not like he didn't expect this question. Now it's making me a little nervous as if we did, and if we did...it would mean I am not a virgin anymore and he took it.

"Are you going to answer me? You promised you would answer my questions. It's not like you didn't know this would be one of them"

"Yes" What?

Please give your thoughts on this chapter.

Like and share as well I would really appreciate it.