Chapter 32

Mike's P.O.V

"What do you want to talk about?" I ask as I seat on the chair. 

"Everything. You. Me. Us. Holden," she says. 

"Well, I'll go first," I say softly. I look at Annie earnestly. "I fucking love you. I don't care what you did, but these last few years have been hell. I wanted to do whatever I could to go back in time and make it up to you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Annie."

Tears start to form in her eyes. I continue, "When Holden told me you were in the sky, I thought you died. I didn't think I would ever see you again and that broke me. I want you, Angel. No one else. I'm willing to put my everything in our relationship."

"But we can't go back in time, Mike," Annie says. "It's not your fault. It's my fault, and I don't know how you could ever forgive me for that."

"But you gave it all back!" I shout. 

Annie gives me a look to be quiet. "Our relationship doesn't have a good base, and I don't know if we'll be able to go back."

"Please, Angel! Let's try once," I sigh. "I'm tired. I miss you, I don't want to spend another second of my life without you. And now Holden, we have a little boy. I want to be with you two."

"It's not that easy," Annie says. 

I stand up and gently pull Annie into my arms. "Please," I plea. 

I place my finger under her chin and tip it so she can look at me. I look at her lips. She looks at mine. I take it as a silent sign of consent, so I lean forward. I gently place my lips on hers. She immediately melts into me. Her hands make their way to my hair. I pour everything I have into this kiss. 

I separate our lips reluctantly. I take one hand off of her and pick a paper out of my pocket. "This is the letter you left me. I regret letting you go everyday. Please, we can work through this. I've had years to heal."

"I still feel guilty, though," Annie says. 

"We can go to couples counselling. Anything!"

"Mike," Annie draws out. 

"What do you say, Angel?"

She looks at me and opens her mouth, but is interrupted by the knocking on the door. 

"Mommy," Holden calls from behind the door. 

"Come in, honey."

He opens the door slowly. He looks at me and then Annie. "Mommy, why is the police officer hugging you?"

"Well Hold," she says. "You know how I said Daddy was working."

"Yeah?" He says confused.

"Well, this is your Daddy."

Holden still look confused, so I hold my breath. "That's so cool! You're a police officer. Daddy is a police officer, Mommy!"

Holden is jumping up and down, and then he launches himself at me. "I missed you, Daddy. Are you coming home now?"

I look at Annie. "Yes, Buddy. I'm coming home."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey y'all! Hope you enjoy the update!

Please Vote, Follow, and Comment. Every bit of feedback is taken into consideration.

Thanks for reading!

Love you guys 💛