Chapter 21

Annie's P.O.V

"Order for Annie!"

"That's me!" I exclaim. I grab the cup, "Thank you!"

I walk over to a table in the back corner and take a seat with Willow, Lily and Lance.

"Okay so what are we going to do?" Lance asks.

"We have to make sure the that the money is untraceable," I whisper.

"Yup, Willow and I have it in check," Lily says.

"Okay, good. So I will be in a relationship with Mike for a few more months, that way there will be no way for them to know it's me."

Willow says, "I am going to Italy to stay down low."

"I got a ticket to Canada, but I am coming a little early because I couldn't splurge on a hotel without being suspicious" Lily says.

"I am going to visit my family up North," Lance says happily. Lily looks at Lance longingly.

I smile, "I think Lily and you should act like a couple to make this less suspicious. So since Lily is coming early, she can go up North and see Lance's family. Lance can tell them that you two have been dating for a while to be more believable."

"Umm...," Lance says nervously. "Sure, that is a good plan."

Lily blushes and looks down. I smile secretly, liking the idea of being Cupid.

"Oh!" Lance exclaims and clear his throat. "Uh... as long as... uh... Lily is okay with it?"

"Yes!" Lily says overexcitedly. "I mean, yes."

I say, "Okay, you two can discuss about it. I am going out and meeting Mike. Bye guys!"

I get up and take my cup to meet with Mike at the police station. As I walk I notice how quiet the streets are, I love how silent it is during work period. I stop by a convenience store and grab some chocolate for Mike.

After about 5 minutes, I get to the station. I walk in and see Chad talking to his officer friend. I glare at him and he glares at me. I walk past him into Mike's office. I see Mike concentrated.

"Hi, Mike," I say.

Mike jumps surprised. "Hello, my angel!"

"I bought you chocolate."

"How thoughtful of you," Mike says. He stands up and kisses me.

"Have you found anything about your case?" I say.

"Nope," he says sadly. "It's a dead end."

"Baby, it's okay. You'll figure this out. No, we will because I am here for as long as you want me, and we will think about what to do to make this better. Like I'll get a job, that's a start."

"No! You don't need a job!"

"We need to do everything we can to help Evie. I want to help her get through school. She's worked so hard, I don't want it to go down hill just because of this."

"It's okay, I'll take a loan from the bank."

"No! Student loans take ages to pay-off. I am getting a job and that is finally. You can't change my mind."

Mike guides me to his chair and pulls me down on his lap. "Baby, you are so kind. You really don't have to do this. But, you are my stubborn angel, so I can't argue because it will just end with you winning, and I wouldn't want anyone else."

Mike kisses my lips gently. I moan and kiss back. I wrap my arms around his neck, and pull him closer. He wrap one arm around my waist, and the other on my thigh rubbing up and down. Mike gently thrust his tongue into my mouth. I open my mouth and explore his mouth. He gently sucks on my tongue making me moan again.

"Ahem!" Somebody says interrupting.

We mouth pull away softly, Mike looks annoyed while I probably look embarrassed.

"Yes?" Mike says.

I bury my head in Mike's chest to hide.

"We are having a lot of driving accidents lately. Should we start to go into the drunk driving inspection phase?"

"Yes, that's a good idea. Okay, you are dismissed."

"Okay, boss. Should I close the door?"

I bury my head further in Mike's chest and blush a darker shade of red.

Mike laughs, "Yes, that would be good. Thank you!"

The officer gently closes the door. Mike starts laughing loudly.

"That was embarrassing," I say.

"It's okay, Angel. I'm the boss here. I have to get back to work now," he pouts.

Mike pecks my lips, and hugs me close. I cling onto him by wrapping my arms around his waist. Mike starts to type on his laptop. I close my eyes, and daze off at the sound of keys typing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wake up, my Angel."

I groan and bury my head further into Mike's chest.

"Angel, it's been 3 hours," Mike says. I groan. "Wakey wakey! Baby come on, we have to go home now."

I rub my eyes and squint trying to open my eyes. I try to adjust my eyes to the light.

"Hi baby," he coos.

"Morning Mike."

Mike closes his laptop and gets up with me in his arms. "We are going home now."

I put my head in the crook of his neck and wrap my arms around his neck. Mike wakes through the station and says bye to everybody. He opens the door to the passenger seat of the car, and places me down.

"Let's stop off at a drive-through and get food. Then, let's go to our home and cuddle."

I swoon at the fact that he called it "our home".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please Vote, Follow, and Comment. Every bit of feedback is taken into consideration.

Thanks for reading!

Love you guys 💛