"Wanna go in my room?" Ochako asks, looking up at him. Izuku nods. Ochako claps her hands and leads him down the hallway to where her room was. Her house had two floors and her parents slept upstairs.

Izuku takes a seat on her computer chair as she takes a seat on her bed across from him. The sun well lit up her room and the walls were painted a baby pink. Her room was overly childish for her age, but he didn't mind since she was happy.

Actually, she was the happiest she had been in years, and that only made Izuku's guilt grow more. He didn't want to ruin her smile, the way her eyes shone, and her bubbly personality.

But he knew that Ochako would be better off without him and he had helped her heal enough.

When they first became friends, Ochako wasn't the most mentally stable. She had bad habits that would end up with her harmed and was full of anxiety and depression, to say the least. Because of it, their bond grew and Izuku cared and helped her to become stronger and she loved him for that. She loved him because he never failed to make her feel good about herself. She hated being away from him because he made her feel whole.

And now she was better than she's ever been in years and Izuku figured that his work here was done and eventually she would get bored of him. He knew she loved him for who he was and he loved her back too. Actually, saying he loved her was an understatement.

But recently he had been getting thoughts. Thoughts that hurt his brain and harmed his mental health. He felt as if he wasn't a good boyfriend and that Ochako only loved him because he made her feel good when she was sad and not for him as a person. It was overwhelming and he couldn't seem to make them go away.

So instead of taking his own advice that had helped him before in middle school and had helped Ochako during their first few years of high school, he decided to take things into his own hands.

And his brain was telling him to leave her. For good.

Izuku realizes he's been thinking too long and they've been sitting in silence for a while. He sucks in a breath and looks down at his socks.

He had been thinking about this for ages and he was sure it was what was best for the both of them. He swallowed down his anxiety and closed his eyes.

"I...I-I want to break up with you." He says, his voice trembling.

Ochakos breathing stops and her smile fades. She hoped she hadn't heard him correctly. But from the way he was sitting slumped and couldn't bother to look her in the eye, she couldn't help but feel like what he said was what she heard.

Her breathing became rapid and she laughed nervously. "W-What?" She couldn't think and that was the only thing she managed to say subconsciously. Izuku bites his lip to suppress his tears. He knew Ochako would be hurt, but she would get over it eventually.

"I don't think I can be your boyfriend anymore. I'm not doing a very good job at it." Izuku says, his hands trembling.

Ochakos stomach drops at his words and tears fill her eyes. She hoped this was a sick dream. She hoped that she never really woke up and Izuku never called her.

Her breath was caught in her throat and she couldn't breathe. They had been a couple for almost two years and never once did the idea of Izuku leaving her ever cross her mind.

They were practically inseparable. They were known to go absolutely crazy without one another. She wanted to know why Izuku felt like this. Why did he feel the need to leave her? She thought they would be together forever. She assumed they would be together forever.

She hoped this was some kind of misunderstanding and Izuku was just currently going through something. She knew he didn't mean it. Of course, he didn't. She knew he tended to shut his feelings away and kept them deep down inside. All she had to do was get him to open up.