Chapter 3: Activities and a bit of horror stories

9:00 | July 4, 2021 - Emma
Hackett's Quarry main lodge

Emma- Guys, eyes on me! Today, it's a very special day because we will be doing activities in the pool as promised...
Kids- YEEEEAAAAAHHH
Emma- Okay, okay, calm down haha. BUT we will be mixing them with-
Jacob- Activities for the 4th of July! *Blows a noisemaker* Wooo!
Kids- HAHAHAHA.
Emma- You can go now to get your swimsuits we will be with you in a minute.
Juls- Oh umm... Em, you know I don't feel like participating in these events...
Emma- No worries baby, there's no need.
Jacob- Why not?
Juls- As I was born in Spain and both my parents are Spanish... it's not my thing to celebrate foreign holidays. Reminder that I moved to New York State-
Emma- On June 18th, 2010, to start 2nd grade in September.
Juls- Yep haha.
Kaitlyn- Oh, I'm gonna stay with Juls, American stuff it's just... not my thing. My father is Chinese, that's why my last name is Ka, so I've never quite celebrated these things. Although my mom is fully American, she doesn't feel the patriotism like others... as a way of showing respect to my father we never celebrated.
Juls- Shall we ask the kids? I know some of them may feel like us...
Kaitlyn- Yeah... Hey kids! Is there anyone who's not American and/or doesn't want to celebrate this holiday? Please come with Juls and I, we will be doing other stuff.
Juls- Let me get the names correct... Charlotte, Kylee, Ren, Nikolai, Junior and Alba. Alright guys, first, the pool, get dressed.

Juls is going to have a great time today for sure hahaha.

Emma- *Winks at Juls*
Juls- Shut the fuck up.
Emma- I said nothing haha.

10:16 | July 4, 2021 - Julia
Hackett's Quarry pool

YEEEESSSSS, I'M GOING TO SPEND THE WHOLE DAY WITH KAITLYN HAHAHAHA, AWESOME.

Kaitlyn- Hey Juls, look what I found in the store *shows her a volleyball*.
Juls- Great Kai, hey guys! The non-4th-Julyers let's play volley with this ball!
Kaitlyn- Two teams, Juls and I. Let's start with Nikolai, who do you choose honey?
Nikolai- I'm going with you.
Kaitlyn- Alba there's no need to mention it haha.
Alba- I'm with Juls.
Kaitlyn- Ren?
Ren- I'll go with you.
Kaitlyn- Found my Asian pal already *highs five with him*. Charlotte?
Charlotte- I'm with Juls.
Kaitlyn- Junior and Kylee one each.
Junior- I'm with Juls.
Kylee- Okay then, I'm with Kaitlyn.
Juls- Great, in 3... 2... 1... START! *Hits the ball*.

12:23 | July 4, 2021 - Dylan
Hackett's Quarry main lodge

Dylan- Hey gurl! How was the morning? Hahaha.
Juls- Full of hotness *winks* if you know, you know.
Dylan- That's for sure haha.
Juls- How was yours?
Dylan- Well... he kinda doesn't mind if I'm there or not lol, how sad...
Juls- Well, Kai doesn't really care either it's just the coincidence of the day.
Dylan- The phrase of this summer is going to be "We're screwed".
Juls- The rest of the camp be like "What doesn't kill you will make you stronger", meanwhile the two gay counselors who follow two bisexuals around be like "We're screwed".
Dylan- Each one deals with their problems their own way hahaha.
Ryan- Hey Dylan!
Juls- There you go my friend *pats his back*.
Dylan- Oh... hey Ry.
Ryan- You're really good at catching the flag huh.
Dylan- Hahaha, it was my favorite game as a camper.
Ryan- Mine too but I was never that good haha.
Dylan- Want some catch the flag classes? Hahaha.
Ryan- Sure hahaha.

17:47 | July 4, 2021 - Jacob
Hackett's Quarry main lodge, kitchen

Jacob- Guys, come to the kitchen!
Nick- So, for July 4th I made this plane rectangular cake and YOU are going to put the frosting, forming the American flag, got it? Kristen, want to start?
Kristen- *Squishes the frosting* Ugh, it's too hard, it won't come out.
Jai- Let me help you *takes her hands and squishes with her*. Now, carefully move to the left...
Jacob- *Whispers* Please look at them, they're too cute.
Emma- *Whispers* Hahaha, he's so in love with her, hope they graduate together.
Nick- Great Kristen, thank you. Now... Brooklyn, squish the white one. Idris, continue with the red after him. Abi, can you help Izzy and Lucy make some sugar fondant stars?
Abi- I'm on it, let's go girls.
Nick- Emma, go with Emily and Linda and make blue frosting while we continue here.