Chapter 2

**Saffron's POV**

The weeks passed on surprisingly quickly in a blur of hard work but at the same time excitement and fun. I've become very close friends to the girls and I feel like I've known them all my life, I'll tell them anything in a heartbeat - well maybe apart from the fact that I think I like Nathan. I've not told anyone about that, how can I? I've practically only just met the boy and I think I love him? This is crazy, I'm crazy. My feelings are just getting in the way of things, and I shouldn't be worrying. I have more important things to think about, I can't let a stupid little crush get in my way. I've hardly seen any of the boys all week though, they've been working in the studio and I've been working on choreography so I'm not totally sure of anything right now. Perhaps what I felt back then all those days ago was just a little flickering flame hoping to catch fire, I probably felt that because that day passed so quickly in a blur and it was a rush of the moment kind of thing. I need to extinguish that flame before the fire spreads further. I can't lose concentration, not now, not when I've just got myself the job of my dreams. But I just can't get Nathan off my mind.

On my day off, a Sunday, a text came in on my phone from Tanya, asking me if I wanted to go out with them tonight,

'Where will we be going? xxx'

I texted back quickly, and almost in an instant Tanya had replied, saying we'd be at the local night club.

'Are u sure u want me to come? xxx' I asked, I only really just know these girls and I don't want to intrude on them or anything,

'OF COURSE!!!!! The boys will be coming too and it would feel wrong without u xxx' Tanya replied, that made me smile, I could almost hear her bubby, cheerful and energetic voice saying those words to me and encouraging me to go. I had made up my mind then, I was definitely going, and maybe, just possibly, if I tried, I might impress Nathan...? Stop it Saff! I told myself fiercely, you can't let this get in the way of things, if I let my feelings take over then I could end up in such a mess, not to mention a whole load of trouble. I sighed with frustration, told Tanya I'd come and then headed back upstairs to get ready for my night out.

**Nathan's POV**

I'd just arrived at the club with the rest of the boys, all our backing dancers were there as well, including the new girl, Saffron. I'd almost forgotten about her, but to be honest you can't really blame me, I've only ever seen her once before. She was standing awkwardy outside waiting for us with the rest of the girls, Tanya, Alice, Lara, Ellen and Grace. I watched her as the car drew up alongside the entrance, she looked concerned, worried. She was biting her lip anxiously and kept looking around as if she was trying to spot someone. My god she was tall, standing at least a head above all the other girls, arms folded across her chest, almost defensively.

"You coming Nath?" Max called to me, I looked around to see that everyone else had climbed out the car and were already greeting the girls.

"Yeah hang on," I replied, clambering out. I walked up to the group and said hello, Saffron was being introduced to Kelsey and Nareesha so I went to say hi to the others instead. As we all walked in I ended up walking beside Saffron.

"Hello Saff," I said to her, remembering how she said that was what other people called her,

"Oh," she replied, turning round to face me, her chocolate brown eyes big and wide, "you remembered," she said with a small smile, running a hand nervously through her wavy brown hair.

"Hey, its alright," I said gently to her as we walked through the doorway, "you don't need to be shy and scared of me, I won't bite," I said flasing her a smile,

"Oh yes he will, don't trust Nathan. He may seem sweet and caring on the outside but its all an illsuion. He's really evil." Jay suddenly said interrupting us, his blue eyes sparkling with mischief,

"Oh shut up Bird," I said with a laugh,

"Bird?" Saffron questioned, loosening up a bit, her voice had lost its shaky uncertainty and I saw a proper smile work its way onto her face.

"Yep, that's me, Jaybird," Jay said with a wink.

We entered the club, the music blaring loudly and lights flashing, there weren't as many people there as I thought there'd be, it was as crowded as it usually is. I sat down to get myself a drink and as I did so, just out of coincedence I'm guessing, Chasing The Sun came on, blasting out through the speakers.

**Saffron's POV**

OhMyGodOhMyGodOhMyGod!!! He talked to me! He actually talked to me! I need to calm down but I'm buzzing with excitement! It probably means nothing, but I did begin to have worries that I'd be ignored completely by him, but no! A familiar song was playing in the background, but I was in daydream of happiness, until Grace came up and tugged on my arm excitedly,

"Come on Saff! Let's show the boys and everyone else our routine!" I felt puzzled for a moment, what was Grace on about? Until I recognised the song, of course, why didn't I recognise it sooner? I've heard it so many times these past few weeks. Chasing The Sun. The first song we choreographed a dance to.

"Alright then!" I replied cheerfully, stepping into place beside Lara and Ellen. As I began to dance all my nerves disappeared and confidence flowed through my body, the only time I do feel confident is when I'm dancing. It's my life. I love it. I'd be nothing without it. As I heard the beats of the music pulsing through the air and the cheers from people watching, I kept in time with the music and felt the adrenaline rush through my body. When the song was over we were applauded by the boys and other people who had stopped to watch us. I smiled and took a small bow with the rest of my girls and then headed back over to where everyone was waiting.

"Wow, Saffron, that was, AMAZING!" I heard someone say behind me, I turned around and was found myself looking straight at Jay, his blue eyes dancing with a glint of something, although I'm not sure what.

"It's just Saff," I said with a smile, to let him know I was just teasing, "and thank you,"

"Alright then Saff," Jay replied, "you're welcome, its just the truth. Umm would you like a drink?" He said, gesturing towards the bar area,

"That would be lovely, thank you," I said smiling, overcome by this sudden generosity and kindness. I'd never been popular with boys and had never been given much attention by anyone really. I was just the shy girl who liked dancing, and then suddenly to have all this was, well, fantastic, I'd never felt better. As I sat down with Jay at the bar and he ordered our drinks, out of the corner of my eye I saw Nathan stumble into another girl, someone I didn't recognise, and spill her drink.

**Nathan's POV**

My eyes wandered around the room as I walked across the dancefloor, Jay seems to be having a good time with Saffron, I thought to myself as I saw them laughing together. Something inside me felt a little hurt, betrayed, but I wasn't sure why, it wasn't as if I loved Saffron, but it looks to me as if Jay's fallen for her. I've never seen him like this with a girl before. Preoccupied in my thoughts, I didn't notice the girl until the last moment, until it was too late. We bumped into each other and her drink came flying out of her hands and ended up spilling all the way down my shirt.

"Oh my goodness I'm so sorry!" She exclaimed, bending down to pick up her glass,

"It's alright, I should be the one apologising," I said, lending her a hand to help her up, "I wasn't looking where I was going," as I caught a proper glimpse at her for the first time, I was left in shock. This girl was so beautiful, long, straight black hair and and very dark blue eyes set in an oval shaped face with a few delicate freckles. I always say I don't believe in love at first sight, but she is an exception to the rule, I think I do love her.

"Maybe umm - maybe I could get you another drink?" I asked her.

A/N: What do you think? I'm sorry this one was so long haha I had a lot to put in. Thank you for reading if you are, I'm so grateful xx