| two |

< hayley >

the awkward silence was still present in the atmosphere for a long time since jack went down with us. i tried to talk to him, but he wasn't even replying.

i'm sorry, but i find that really disrespectful.

he only told us that he won't be able to visit his dad because of some family problems.

"look guys," johnson said, breaking the silence. "we need to speak up, you know? why don't we go to an amusement park or some shit?"

"heck yeah, i'm in for some roadtrip." natalie chimed in, raising her voice.

it was a pretty good idea to leave our house for a while, and live a little.

-

when we all agreed, we started to pack our stuff and everything.

jack agreed, surprisingly. i was happy that he did, but he looked like as if he was still refusing. he probably just said he was in so no one would force him to.

i sighed, as i continued to pack my things up. we were off to a hotel and a casino.

"hey," i looked up to see jack smiling at me. i smiled back at him, and zipped my black duffel bag shut. "i've missed you."

"hell yeah you did, you barely went out of this room." i joked, smacking his chest.

he pretended like he was hurt before laughing. "sorry, i was just desperate, and i kinda kept that secret in the dark for a long time."

i nodded my head and hung my duffel bag on my left shoulder.

"let's go." i said, as he also grabbed his back pack.

we both sprinted downstairs and caught up with natalie, johnson and shawn.

"dude, where's nash?" natalie asked, looking around.

"yo j!" nash ran down stairs and threw the keys to johnson, as he caught them.

"thanks man," johnson opened the front door before looking back at us. "we haven't been outside for a long time, don't y'all think?"

i rolled my eyes at him. "jesus, get out now." they all laughed at me.

soon, we were all piled in johnson's car as jack drove after stuffing our bags in the trunk.

i was in the passenger side together with jack who was driving, and all of the others at the back.

i was excited, to be honest. not because we were about to some sort of casino or something, but because we were going out, for like, the first time in forever.

jack turned on the radio, and save me by nicki minaj started blaring.

i looked outside the window, observing the tall buildings we passed by.

natalie was telling something i wasn't able to hear because of the song, then all of a sudden they all started laughing.

"wh-where did you fucking get that?" matt asked, still laughing really hard.

"never knew you have this kind of sense of humor!" johnson laughed along, too.

i tilted my head to see shawn smiling wide at natalie.

matt must have realized it too, so he started teasing shawn. "i got my eyes on you," he sang, as nash and johsnon did along.

i laughed my ass off. "gosh shawn, don't let natalie melt!" i yelled, laughing.

my stomach started aching because of the endless laughter. jack was laughing, too.

how i've missed seeing him happy.

-

"are we just gonna roam around vegas?" i asked jack who's eyes were glued on the road. "or we gonna drive forever?"

"maybe," he said, smiling. "maybe not. be patient, babygirl."

i groaned as i looked back at them. natalie was sleeping soundly together with shawn. nash and matt were on the phones, while johnson was listening to some music with his headphones on.

i turned around again, and realized that it wad traffic. "oh for fuck's sake."

"chill," jack placed his large hand on my thigh. "it ain't gonna take that long."

i nodded, and threw my head back.

---

boring chapter 🌚 but there's more to come!!! fuck i'm just so excited i can't even wait to write all the damn chapters haha

btw interstellar fucked me up tho ((random shit hahahaha))

follow me on twitter ahhhhhh - westmattcoast

okay stay awesome and rad!