| eighteen |

< hayley >

this month got me really weak.

scratch that, dying.

i have been so stressed lately. i was the one taking care of jack, while the others continued do what they usually do.

i was so worried and it actually bothered me. i did not want anything bad to happen for the both of us, but worrying was just the first thing i always did when i was problematic.

"hey," matthew sat beside me on the couch in our living room, rubbing my back. "it's gonna be okay."

"i really do appreciate everything you do for me, matthew, but things have gone worse for the past few days. i don't know what to do, jack's life can flash before our eyes." tears started to stream down on my face, as matthew hugged me.

"we'll fight this, hayley. things will be better."

-

as matthew and i went back to the hospital, jack was peacefully sleeping on his hospital bed. his lips and skin were so awfully pale, and he lost so much weight. his hair was slowly receding, and he still managed to look so perfect.

why does he have to leave.

the pain i was feeling was so indescribable. my mind was swarmed with so many thoughts that can corrode the brain.

tears continually streamed down on my face, hitting jack and i's intertwined fingers.

all of a sudden, i felt his fingers move. i instantly looked up at him and he was already looking back at me. he managed to smile, and it mended back my heart.

"i love you so much hayley, do not forget that." he said as he let out a long breath, until his eyes started to slowly close again.

"no!" i yelled, my grip tightening as the seconds passed by. "doctor! i need a doctor!" matthew barged in the room, looking shocked as ever.

he looked so dumbfounded at first, until he went outside again, running.

the line went straight, and the sound made me deaf. it was too much for me to handle, and i can feel my anxiety on top of my head. "jack!" i cried out, not letting go of his hand. "jack! no, please don't leave me!"

the doctors soon came in together with matthew, surrounding the bed. "ma'am, we're gonna ask you to leave, and we're going to do everything we can." one of the doctors said, pulling me away from jack.

"let me see him!" i yelled, as two other people started to pull me back. "let me see him, for fuck's sake!" i cried out one more time, until i was already outside the hospital room with matthew.

i was crying, screaming, panicking. i was such an awful mess.

"calm d—" matthew said, trying to restrain me from doing anything that can cause us trouble.

"no! how can i calm the fuck down, matthew?! jack just died!" i cut him off, running away from him. i was soon met by johnson, shawn, and natalie down the hall.

i shoved them off, and continued to walk outside the hospital.

what am i going to do now.

-

a few hours later, we went back home with no one speaking. my mind was too busy speaking for itself, still filled with inevitable corroding thoughts.

i sat on the couch, looking straight forward on the blank tv. the image of jack was the only thing i can now think of, and how hurtful it would be for me to look away and not be with him anymore.

tears started to flow from my eyes again, and i didn't bother wiping them away. i was soon sobbing really hard, and i let all my emotions out by screaming. "why? why does he have to fucking leave me?!" i exclaimed, aggressively running my fingers through my hair.

"hayley?" natalies voice filled my ears but i didn't look at where she was.

"why? why does he have to leave?!" i screamed again, as i felt natalie sitting by my side and rubbing my back. i sobbed on her chest as she soothed me. she started to sing, and i can feel myself starting to relax. at least.

i was such a mess. i didn't know what to do.

---

hi!!!
there will be 20 chapters for this!
things will come fam
thank u so much for reading!